Chapter 34//Picnic

***Calum's POV***
"Baby. You're going back to school tomorrow." I said, pouting and Riley nodded rolling her eyes. "Don't remind me Cal." She muttered under her breath.

"What do you say we go out for the day!?" I said enthusiastically, desperate to spend as much time with her as I can. She stayed quiet for a second before replying.

"Sure!" She cheered, pecking my lips quickly before standing up, making me whine. "I have to get ready babe. I need to look my very best when I'm with someone as perfect as you." She stuck out her tongue playfully.

***Riley's POV***
I put on a simple white cold shoulder crop top paired with my favorite pair of blue distressed shorts that admittedly, were a cheeky length.

I just brushed my hair, letting it fall naturally over my shoulders in its usual auburn waves. I brushed my teeth and put on a little bit of makeup after washing my face, consisting of foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, blush, eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss and my favorite red lip stick.

I pushed open the bathroom door and saw Calum laying on our bed, scrolling on his phone, I grabbed my handbag and put my lipstick, phone and powder into the black leather bag. When I looked up Calum's eyes were fixed on me, his jaw slacked.

"Holy fuck." He managed to get out. I raised an eyebrow at him. "What?" I laughed. He bit his lip. "C'mere baby." He said, meeting my gaze with his. I walked up to him sitting down on the bed right next to him.

His eyes fixed on my shorts. "That's a mean trick." He smirked at me, wrapping an arm loosely around my waist. "All the better to tease you with, my dear." I replied, kissing him quickly.

"Now brush your teeth, moron. You stink." I said, jokingly waving my hand in front of my face. He laughed before pressing his hands on my waist gently, letting me know it's time to get up. I stood up slowly, I knew where his gaze was so I slowly walked out the door, making every step linger.
***
"Where are we going Calum?"

"Calum?"

"Cal?"

"Babe?"

"Calum?"

"Where are we going?"

He groaned. "It's a surprise. Now shush." He said, resting his hand on my thigh again after changing gears. I rolled my eyes jokingly. I rested my head on Calum's shoulder and it wasn't long until my eyes got heavy and I drifted off to sleep.
***
"Baby, Riley." I heard, I hummed and brought my hands to my eyes, rubbing them gently. As my eyes opened slowly I looked at my gorgeous boyfriend, kissing him quickly.

As I looked up I saw the sign for the zoo and I let out an excited squeak. "Baby, you know me so well." I giggled. He nodded. "I know." And he kissed me again, he gazed into my eyes, an emotion I couldn't decipher flashed on his face before leaving again.

He jumped out of the car, running around and opening my door for me, extending his hand for me to take which I did happily. "I can open a door you know." I giggled as I stood up.

"I know." He said, entertwining our fingers. "But today is all about you and I. It's about us, and I'll be damned if I don't treat my girlfriend the way she deserves." I couldn't help but blush at his words.

"You are the cutest thing on earth, you know that right?" I cooed, pinching his cheeks. He laughed and started walking to get our tickets.

"One adult and one puppy please." I said jokingly to the receptionist. Calum's eyes widened and his tanned skin went pink from embarrassment. "Riley." He whined.

The receptionist laughed, passing us our tickets. We started walking along the path aimlessly, our still enterwined hands swinging slightly as we walked. "So, where do you want to go? You choose." Calum smiled.