Chapter 39//Hospital

***Riley's POV***
"Dad. It's Calum. He's- I can't- just get here now." I cried.

"Is he okay?" Ashton asked worriedly. I could hear movement on the other end of the phone.

"He fell and his face and lips are gone blue. I'm scared dad. I don't want him to d-die." I sobbed. Falling to my knees next to my unconscious boyfriend.

"He'll be okay. I'm calling an ambulance now. I'll be there in five minutes." He promised on the other end of the phone. I continued crying as I lifted Calum's head onto my lap. I stroked his hair gently.

"Stay with me. Please Calum. I love you so much." I kissed his forehead. I heard a click of the door and moments later Ashton came running into the kitchen, kneeling next to me.

"The ambulance will be here soon." He promised, putting an arm around my shoulders. I nodded, my eyes still fixed on Calum.

As if on cue there was another click on the door. Michael came in to the room with doctors by his side. He froze when he saw Calum. "Jesus, no." He said worriedly.

"My name is doctor Webb. I'm going to need all of you to stand clear please." A kind looking doctor said. I looked up at him worriedly, then back to Calum.

"Just help him, please." I pleaded. He nodded slightly but a frown was covering his face.

He spent the next five minutes trying to get Calum to come around but it was to no avail. He nodded to the nurses and they raised him onto a stretcher, where they proceeded towards the door.

"Is he okay? Where are you going?" I screamed but Ashton put his arms around me, stopping me from running after them.

"Look, I'm sorry miss Irwin, Calum may or may not make it through the night. There is some hope but prepare yourself for the worst." The doctor said. "Okay thank you." Ashton said sadly. I was too frozen to even mutter a word.
***
My heart shattered when I saw Calum in the hospital, a pale complexion, tubes breathing for him, his hands limp by his side. I tried to run for the door of his room but Ashton stopped me quickly.

"Let them do their job, baby." He said softly. "What if they can't save him?" I cried. His eyes dropped to the floor. "I'm sure they will, baby. Anyway Calum is tough. He can get through anything." Ashton said weakly.

The doctor walked out of the room Calum was in and approached us. My breath hitched in my throat as nervousness and anxiety washed over me.

Is Calum okay?
—————
A/N Hey fam. Sorry for the cliffhanger Xx

Stay strong, ilysm