Chapter 28//headaches

***Riley's POV***
"Good morning Riley Irwin." Calum whispered in my ear as my eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning Calum Hood." I said sticking my tongue out at him teasingly before groaning in pain. "Are you okay?" he asked worriedly, securing an arm around my torso.

"Headache." I groaned making him laugh. "Lightweight." he teased.

"I am not!" I squeaked out in protest. He pulled the covers off of us and I whimpered.

"Calum I don't want to get up yet." I stuffed my head against the pillow. He laughed heartily as he stood up. Don't be a baby. I'm getting you a pain killer."

I pouted at him but he just rolled his eyes. "Downstairs in five minutes!" He called over his shoulder as I slumped back into the soft blankets.

***Calum's POV***
"Baby why didn't yo-" I stopped mid sentence as I pushed in the bedroom door. She was fast asleep on her bed, her hair sweeped messily across her face. I walked over to the bed sitting gently on the edge as I put the painkiller and water on her bedside table.

I looked down at her peaceful face as I gently moved her hair off of her face. "You're so beautiful." I whispered. She shifted in her sleep so I stood up afraid of waking her. "Mmf." She groaned sleepily grabbing my shirt with her hand making me giggle.

"Yes sleeping beauty?" I questioned with my eyebrow raised. "Cuddle?" She asked in a small voice. I rolled my eyes.

"Take this first." I said with a smirk, passing her the painkiller and the glass, waiting patiently as she took them, handing me back the empty glass which I put back on the locker before getting under the bed covers and cuddling her into my chest.

We layed next to each other for a while in comfortable silence until I got a sharp pain in my stomach, making me suck in a long breath of air. Riley sat up quickly and worriedly looked at me.

"Fuck." I mumbled, doubling over with my hands wrapped tightly around my stomach. "Dad! Dad! Come here quick!" I vaguely heard Riley yell.

I heard Ashton quickly running up the stairs and bursting through the door. "What happened?" He asked. I just shook my head letting out a little whimper. "Okay, Riley you stay with him. I'll get Luke to find something to help." Ashton said quickly.

"Calum, baby." Riley said, kneeling next to the bed and grabbing my hand holding it firmly. I looked up at her to see tears rolling down her cheeks. "Riley. I-I'm fine." I smiled through the unbearable pain I was in. She looked at me seriously.

"No you're not Calum. Don't lie to me." She said. Ashton burst through the door again, evidently worried when he saw I was still in pain. "Take this." He said passing me a painkiller.   I swallowed it quickly before cuddling into my pillow, my hand still holding Riley's.

"Calum I love you." She whispered, kissing me on the forehead. And with that my eyes got heavy and eventually closed.

***Riley's POV***
"Dad he's been sleeping for so long now, is he okay?" I asked shifting on my feet.

"Yes baby, he's fine." Ashton said wrapping his arms around me. "Don't worry about Calum, he's tough as old boots."

I rolled my eyes with a smile as I hugged him back. "Okay." I answered quietly.
***
"Are you okay Calum?" I asked quickly standing up from my seat as he walked into the kitchen rubbing his hand over his tired eyes. "I'm fine baby." He said when he spotted me, walking over and wrapping his arms around my waist as he rested his chin in my shoulder.

"It was probably just a stomach bug after eating too much yesterday, party food usually isn't the most nutritious." He said with a smirk, his voice slightly raspy.

I looked at him expectantly for a minute before nodding in agreement with his comment. "You're right, you probably just had a dodgy chicken wing or something." I said, turning in his arms to face him and peck him quickly on the nose before wriggling from his grasp.

I walked to the kitchen table grabbing my phone, but Calum's arm grabbed mine gently stopping me from picking it up. "Movie?" He asked quickly.

"Later." I replied and he nodded, walking to the kitchen to get something to eat. A smile spread across my face as I opened my phone and checked my messages.

From Addie: it's official. Me and Angelica are dating.

"Aww" I said aloud. "What?" Michael asked half heartedly, focusing on devouring a slice of pizza. "Nothing, just new relationship within my friend group." I explained with a happy smile.

"That's good." Michael dismissed absent mindedly. I couldn't help but roll my eyes and smile at the colourful haired, bright eyed boy as I walked to the sitting room to find Calum.

"Still want to watch a movie?" I asked hopefully. He nodded enthusiastically. "Frozen?" He asked, wincing slightly. "Yeah!" I cheered. I shamelessly loved the movie, the songs were so addictive.

"DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN? OR RIDE OUR BIKES AR-"

"Riley!" Calum cut my loud, off key singing short. "If you're going to sing it at least do it properly. And with that he started screaming the lyrics even more out of tune than I was. I laughed at him but joined in anyway.

"Do you guys want pizza before Michael eats it all?" Luke asked, peeking his head around the door. We both shook our heads no and Luke left again.

I cuddled into Calum's shoulder again and he draped a strong arm over my shoulder. I appreciated the fact that Calum made me feel so safe and so loved. I peeked up at his face through my eyelashes.

He was looking at me with the biggest smile on his face making my heart swell and burst in an instant.

God, he makes me so happy.
--------------------
A/N I'm a sucker for cute endings I know. How are y'all?

Stay strong, ilysm <3