Chapter 35//Messages

***Calum's POV***
To Stacey: Hey Stacey, it's been a long time. How are you?

From Stacey: sure has. I'm good, you? X

To Stacey: I'm not great to be honest, can I come over? I needed to talk to you anyway so I could do it then?

From Stacey: sure Calum you know you're welcome anytime babe x

To Stacey: Thanks Stace :) x

I sighed as I dropped my phone on the kitchen table, leaving it there as I ran to get my keys. Riley was at school so I didn't have to worry about explaining myself.

Michael and Ashton both gave me a puzzled look as I rushed around. "Going to a friends house. His uh girlfriend broke up with him and he's in a bad way. I'll see you guys later." I said rushing out the door and to the car, exhaling deeply when I sat in.
***
I knocked on Stacey's house. She opened it quickly. "Calum! I'm surprised you remembered this house. Then again how could ryou forget the best nights of your life right?" She winked. I cringed as I remembered my teenage self with his stupid hormones.

I didn't know how to reply so I just laughed. I followed her to the kitchen and sat on the couch, she sat next to me. "I'm glad you're here." She said. Her face inching towards mine before she kissed me.

My automatic reaction was to kiss back before I remembered Riley. I pushed her away. "No." I said. Her hand drifted up my thigh as she pouted innocently. "But baby. After all this time you came running back. I've missed you." She kissed my neck. I pushed her back forcefully.

"I said no. I have a girlfriend." I said and she looked shocked. "Then why are you here? Do you not remember our deal? Friends with benefits? Don't come here for a shoulder to cry on?" She said, upset at being rejected.

"I know, Stacey. But truth is I have bowel cancer. It's irreversible. I came here to ask you if I could use your kitchen for a few hours to get treatment for it since there's no privacy in my house." I explained.

Her features softened. "I'm... I'm sorry cal. I shouldn't have acted like that, of course you can stay." She said softly. I shook my head. "It's fine. And thank you."
***
"Okay so you're going to feel a little pinch." The nurse said calmly. She pushed the needle through my forearm. "Shit." I said under my breath. "This needs to stay in for the next hour, Mr. Hood. So I suggest you get comfortable." She smiled. I just nodded.
***Riley's POV***
"Hey, dad? Where's Calum?" I called down the stairs. "He's been gone for a few hours now, he's comforting a friend who's girlfriend broke up with him I think." He yelled back.

I walked back into my room, spotting Calum's phone on my desk. Shit he must've forgot it. I thought. I opened it and there was a message on the screen.

From Stacey: No problem babe. Any time x

I saw red as my eyes scanned the message, I scrolled through the conversation to see that Calum was now over at her house, doing God only knows what. Her and Calum. My boyfriend. He's fucking cheating on me.

As if just on cue the door opened downstairs. I grabbed his phone and ran. He saw me coming downstairs. He smiled. "Hi baby. I've missed you." He said with a lopsided smile. "I was thinking maybe later on we could... you know... we haven't done it in a while and I really miss you." He pouted.

My jaw dropped as I looked at him. He stretched his hand out to go around my waist. "Get away from me!" I shrieked. Ashton came around the corner as fast as lighting. "What's wrong?" Calum and Ashton both asked together.

Calum tried to put his arms on my waist again and I swatted them away. Thinking about how he had them around Stacey earlier. "Don't fucking touch me!" I spat. "I don't know what I did." Calum said.

I pulled out his phone, waving it in front of his face. "So you didn't realize you were having sex with another girl? No? The messages are on your fucking phone Calum!" I yelled at him.

Ashton gave Calum a hard stare. "I don't want to hit you because of what I know. Get out right now and I won't touch you." He threatened him. "Just call her. Nothing happened. She'll tell you that." He added before turning to leave.

"Wait." I said weakly and he stopped to face me. "Are you sure nothing happened? Like do you swear on my life?" I said pleadingly. "We're moving in a week, of course I don't want fights. I swear I never cheated. I'm not a cheat, Riley. I love you. Only you." He said sadly.

I looked straight into his eyes. "Promise me."

"I promise."

"Calum I want to give you a second chance. But I don't give thirds." I warned.

"I love you. I'm sorry if I upset you today I promise I never will again." He said.

I nodded in response. He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me. I kissed back. I couldn't stay mad at him. His story added up. And I love him.

"I love you." He said, as if he had read my mind.

"I love you too." I said back, my eyes still locked on his.

-------------------------
A/N Hey guys, I've got nothing to say lol 😂💜

Stay strong, ilysm <3