Chapter 40//I'll always love you

***Riley's POV***
"I'm sorry, Mr. Hood is dead, we did all we could." The doctor said sympathetically. "No no no no no no no" I screamed, trying to get past the doctor and in through the doors to be with him.

Ashton stopped me, pulling me into his chest as I fell to the floor, he dropped with me, hugging me tightly. "I know baby, I know. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He repeated, kissing my head gently as I cried hysterically.

"I need him dad. I need him. I l-loved him s-so much." I said through sobs. He just hugged me tighter. "We all loved Calum, baby. He was a beautiful person." He said, starting to cry himself.

"I wish I could bring him back." I yelled, Ashton just nodding, stroking my hair and rubbing circles in my back trying to soothe me. "I know baby, I know you loved him. He loved you so much, I wish none of this happened and he would be okay but he's not. Baby it's not a dream, but God knows I wish it was." Ashton replied breathlessly.

I eventually regained enough strength to go in and see him, walking through the hospital door, the machines next to his bed were switched off, he had a pale complexion, and his swollen lips had a tint of blue in them. My heart shattered at the sight of him, as I rushed to his bedside.

"Calum... I-I love you. I'm sorry baby, I miss you." I rushed out, holding his cold hand gently. The other boys left the room to give me some privacy. I looked back at Calum, a look of peace on his beautiful face, his eyes closed lightly, lips slightly parted.

"I can't do this without you baby, I love you too much." I cried at his bedside before I felt a figure wrapping strong arms around me, I looked up noticing it was Michael, he gave me a sympathetic smile. "Thank you." I said simply, my words muffled from his shirt.

"It's okay Riley, I know if Calum was here he'd want me looking after you, and I plan to." He held me tighter. "I know this is tough, on all of us. It's like hell, but I swear we'll get through it together, okay?" He asked, leaving a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

I nodded, not ready to talk considering the state I was in. I just looked at Calum. Hoping that he'd jump up and tell me it was all a joke but he didn't. He was still sitting the same way as when I walked in. His face was still the same. He wasn't coming back.

Tears streamed down my face as I clung to Michael. My hand letting go of Calum's hand but my eyes were still glued to his face. His beautiful face. I cried into Michael's chest endlessly. "I love him." I screamed in pain. "I know baby, I know. It's going to be okay. I promise you." He comforted me.

"I can't do this without him Michael. He was the reason I woke up every day with a smile on my face. He's the only reason." I sobbed.

"You can do this Riley. You are so much stronger than anything and everything on this planet. You just can't see it yet. I promise, you, we, will be okay." He swore.
(Fast forward to Calum's funeral)
***
"Are you okay?" Ashton asked worriedly. I wiped the tears from my cheek and nodded reluctantly. "Yeah. Fine." I sniffled. "I want to stay here for a while. You guys can go." I said weakly.

Michael glanced at me worriedly. "We can't leave you here." He said frustratedly. "Yes you can. I just want some space. Please." I begged. Ashton scanned my face before dropping his head and nodding defeatedly. "Okay. Just come to our place after. Promise me?" Michael asked. I nodded in response. "I promise." I lied.

They both looked at me seriously for a second longer before turning and walking to the car. I stood next to my boyfriends grave as I watched the car drive off.

As soon as the car was gone I fell to my knees crying again. "I'm sorry Calum. I should've known you were sick earlier. Why am I so fucking stupid? I'm sorry baby. I miss you so much. I love you so much." I cried.

"I'll see you soon." I added with determination. I stood up again, wiping my eyes dry. I looked out at the sea that was next to the graveyard. I watched the waves crash into the coast, slowly abrading what I called the ground until it will no longer be there.

I looked down at Calum's grave again, wiping another tear from my cheek before walking down through the graves and out the gate. I proceeded through the busy town before walking over to a pier.

I stood on the pier for what felt like hours, my mind thinking logically but my heart aching to be with Calum again. "I'll see you soon baby." I said under my breath before approaching the edge of the pier.

I was near the edge of the pier when I felt strong arms pull me back. I hit them repeatedly on the arm. "Get the fuck off of me! Let me go!" I shrieked. I heard a deep sigh from behind me and he let me go, but he kept a firm hold of my wrist. I turned to face him.

"Dad?" I said worriedly.

"You're not supposed to be here."

***Ashton's POV***
I parked the car next to the graveyard. I started to stroll through the graves but I couldn't see Riley anywhere. I exited through the gate again wondering where she could go.

I decided to walk through the town in case she went to get something to eat. She wasn't in any of the restaurants. I walked out of a Chinese restaurant when I spotted her.

She was standing on a pier, looking out into the sea. My heart dropped when I noticed she was proceeding towards the edge. "Riley!" I screamed, running towards the pier as fast as my long legs could take me, almost falling over multiple people in this overcrowded town.

I finally got to the pier just before she got to the edge. I wrapped an arm around her and pulled her back from the edge. "Get the fuck off of me! Let me go!" She screamed at me, hitting me repeatedly on the arm.

When I was sure we were a safe distance from the pier I dropped her, holding her wrist firmly so she couldn't run off. She spun around quickly, her face quickly changing from anger to embarrassment.

"Dad?" She asked, concern evident in her tone. "You're not supposed to be here." She added, her voice sounding fragile and broken.

"You were here for two hours." I said sadly. "Me and Michael were worried sick, and clearly with good reason." I added. Her head dropped to the floor. "I'm sorry dad, okay? I lost the person I adored more than anything. Calum is gone. I can't get him back. I wanted to be with him." She said sadly.

"No." I said sharply. "That isn't an option baby. Never, ever do that. I know you miss Calum, but two casualties are worse than one. I can't lose both of you." I said, pulling her into my chest.

"I'll never let you go. I love you so much Riley. I'm not going to let you kill yourself. It isn't an option. There's so much in this world for you. You have to understand that. I love you, Michael loves you, Calum loved you, there's no doubt about that. He wouldn't want you to end your life." I said, tears running down my face.

"I'm sorry dad." She sobbed, burying her face into my chest.
———————
A/N THIS BOOK IS FINISHED NOW WHAAAAT.

Poor Calum my lil baby :(

By the way there WILL be an epilogue within the next few weeks so be prepared fam.

I love you ❤️

Stay strong, ilysm <3