Chapter 19//Realizations

***Calum's POV***
I groaned as I got out of bed, the now-familiar feeling of a hangover kicking in. I slowly stood up, my hand on my aching head as I walked to the kitchen. No one was around, they're probably asleep; I thought to myself.

I grabbed the bottle of paracetamol tablets and took out two, also getting a glass of water before swallowing the tablets quickly. I then got a bowl of cocoa pops and settled in front of the TV.

An hour later I began to get worried, I pulled out my phone dialing Michael's number. He picked up on the fifth ring.

"Hey Michael? Where are you all?" I asked, irritated that they left me behind.

"You might want to sit down to hear this." He sighed on the other end of the phone.
***
"What? Is she okay now?" I asked in disbelief.

"Calum, she's critical." Tears welled up as the words left his mouth.

This was all my fault.

"I um... Thanks for telling me." I said quickly hanging up before bursting into tears.

She did this because of me, because I was too caught up thinking I cheated on her that night, and too hurt when she said it wasn't cheating since we weren't together.

And then it hit me.

I'm in love with Riley Irwin.

I thought it'd be sensible of me to call her school and tell them she won't be in.
***
"That's okay Mr. Hood, I'm sorry to hear about that, she's such a bright girl." The secretary said.

"She'll be okay, thanks again." I replied, hanging up the phone. I took one last turn on the road and I was at the hospital.

I parked the car quickly and ran into the hospital as fast as humanly possible.

"Riley Irwin?" I asked at the front desk, shifting on my feet impatiently as she checked her computer.

"Room 47." She smiled, I didn't even thank her, I just ran, desperate to see her. I was stopped outside the door by a tired and annoyed Ashton.

"Why is he here?" He snapped. "He's family." Luke pulled him back from me.

"Ashton I know this is my fault, I'm sorry." I said genuinely. He scoffed but with a single glare of disapproval from Luke and Michael he nodded reluctantly.

"I want to talk about all of this..." Michael started. "Maybe touring won't be the smartest idea for us because of Riley's problems, maybe being a band isn't the smartest idea..." Luke looked up at him in shock.

"You're saying break up the band?" He asked. Michael nodded.

"It's for Riley." He said sternly. I nodded in agreement and so did Ashton.

"Michael makes sense... Think about it Luke, Riley's wellbeing should mean more to us than touring and releasing albums." Ashton said. Luke looked at him, unsure of what to say in response; instead he nodded hesitantly.

"Are we all agreed that 5sos has to come to an end for Riley?" Michael clarified.

"Yeah." Me and Ashton said instantly. Luke nodded but said nothing.

"Okay... Who's going to tell them?" Michael asked, referring to the paparazzi and fans by pointing outside.

"I will." Ashton said.

"I'll go with you." I chimed in. He looked at me weirdly but nodded.
***
"We're very sorry, but it's for my daughters wellbeing." Ashton said through a mic from the balcony.

"So there won't be more tours, or photo shoots, or albums." I added, clarifying what Ashton had said. We then waved goodbye before turning around and going back inside.

"Man my phone is going insane." Luke said breathlessly, pulling it out of his pocket. All of our phones started going off uncontrollably seconds later.
***
I opened Twitter as we waited for news about Riley only to see hashtags trending about her... My fists clenched as I read through our 'fans' tweets.

'5sos broke up because of Riley. That bitch has been nothing but a fat nuisance since they adopted her #WeHateRiley '

'5sos are over apparently, I knew since day 1 that ugly piece of s**t would tear them apart #RileyIsDeadToUs '

'Is there something going on between Riley and Calum? That beautiful boy deserves more than a suicidal potato #BreakUpThePruneFaceAndCalum '

My mind was hazy with anger from the comments I was reading.

"Boys have you seen some of these?" I asked disgustedly. They nodded looking down at their phones with horrified looks on their faces.

"I can't believe these..." Michael said. Luke just stared at his phone horrified, Ashton looked on the brink of tears as he saw a particularly cruel Instagram comment wishing death on all of us.

"We can't let her see these." Michael spoke up. We all nodded in agreement.

"Some of these are too disgusting for words." Ashton said in an icy tone. I focused on my breathing so I wouldn't lash out at anyone and everyone near me. I was tempted to leave and go to my local bar for a beer, but I didn't. I stayed just in case she wakes up. I stayed because I realized I care more than I thought I did before. I stayed because I don't want her to wake up without me there. But she's in critical condition.

I need to be there if she wakes up; I told myself.

That is if she wakes up at all.

--------------------------
A/N Aw sad chapter. But Calum finally admits he has feelings for Riley... Like wow I never saw that coming😂

Do you think Riley will wake up? Will Calum be brave enough to say how he feels? If he does will she want him after the way he's treated her?

Stay Strong, ilysm <3