#68

---7 Years Later---
"Dad, I'm going out..." Yuki called before opening the front door. "Where are you going?" Kaneki asked walking out of his study. He had glasses and was slightly taller. "Just going to hand out with some friends from school.." He sighed and waved her goodbye as she left. "Oh Inami, she's grown up to just like you." Kaneki had a picture of Inami on his desk where he worked on his own books. "Hm?" His computer got a notification. He checked it out and clicked on the link. Free book signing this afternoon in Tokyo city from Aiko Yuma. "That's interesting. She's  just now showing her face to the public?" He had some of her books. He grabbed her newest creation, "Raven", and grabbed his bag. Kaneki walked down the street and followed the direction to the new library that opened last month. "Hmm it says that she is having all of her books sold at the library from now on." He talked to him self as he looked at all the details.

He almost walked past the doors before he noticed the huge line of people. "I didn't know she was this famous!" He was surprised by the amount of people waiting. He stood at the end of the line and waited, and waited, and waited. It was late when he finally became next in line. "I'm so sorry for the long wait. My name is Aiko Yuma. May I ask who this is for?" Kaneki studied her face. She had circle glasses and white hair that was pulled back. "It's for me. Kaneki." He answered. She looked up at him in surprised and just smiled. "Oh my, i feel quite embarrassed. You see, I'm a fan of your own work." She laughed and signed it then grabbed a sticky note then wrote on that and handed him both. "I never knew you read it, now I'm embarrassed."  "Here you go Kaneki. You seem to be my last customer so I guess I should get going." He stared her in the eyes and smiled back. He bowed and left. He opened the book and read the sticky note.

He walked down a dark alley and ended up on the a dead zone of town. "It hasn't changed." This was the exact place where he first joined Aogiri and met Inami. Aiko was writing in a note pad when he got there. "Ah, your a little slow now a days." Kaneki sat next to her. "Your hair turned white..." She laughed. "Yeah. Stress has gotten to me. I wanted to leave all of this alone but I couldn't run away from being queen. Ghouls come to me for help, also humans." "Inami, why did you leave?" He asked. She pushed up her glasses and sighed. "I was scared. I was so afraid of the world I created so I ran way like a coward." He looked over to her. "I've missed you so much."  "I've have too...." She admitted. "You wouldn't believe how many times I wanted to run back into your arms and see Yuki again."  "She's a lot like you..well the old you. You smile a lot more now." Aiko nodded. "If you don't mind, I don't want to be called Inami anymore."  "Ah, right..Aiko." She stood up and quickly looked to the left of her like she just heard something. "What is it?"  "Kaneki, I'll come home... but I have to do something first." She left before he got to react. "Aiko?!"

She flew over the buildings and entered an alley behind a store. Aiko speed walked and around the corner saw a human pointing a gun at a teenage girl. "Where's your mom now? Huh you freak?!" She coward and he pulled the trigger. The bullet bounced back and hit him in the arm. "W-what the?!" He fell on his back side and stared up at Aiko. "You were asking for her mother..well that would be me." She smiled and him and pinned him against the wall before ramming her hand through his chest and ripped his heart out. "Don't touch my daughter." She kept smiling and tossed him to the side. "Thanks mom...."  "Yuki, what were you doing out here?" She stood up and looked at her feet. "I was...I joined a group of people that...--"  "Yuki, your doing illegal things?"  "You did! You joined Aogiri then you left for years!"  "Yuki! I will
Not accept this kind of  behavior from you. I joined Aogiri because that's all I could do. I'm a ghoul Yuki, I had no choice you are a human girl that has a whole future ready for you."

Yuki sighed. "I know....I was just so angry you  left.." Aiko hugged her and kissed the top of her head. "Let's go home now.." Yuki was surprised. "Wait...your coming home  now?" She nodded. "Did dad tell you about Cas?" Aiko shook her head. They headed home quickly. Kaneki was already there, checking in on Cas. Aiko opened the front door and and rushed in the room. "Cas?" Cas was bedridden. She was hooked up to medical electronics and has an oxygen mask. "Inami....it's been a while...." Cas smiled. "What happened?" She giggled weakly. "I'm sorry but this is what you have to look forward to later on in life. It just came to me sooner in life. My Kagune taking over and my body is failing."  She grabbed her hand and kissed it. "I'm sorry I wasn't here, sister...please rest for now." Kaneki turned out the lights and pulled them out of the room so she could sleep. "Yuki, did Aiko find you?"  "Aiko? Oh..,that's what you go by I guess. Yeah...she found me." Kaneki made Yuki's dinner while they talked. "Did you have fun with your friends?" He asked next. Aiko cleared her throat and raised an eyebrow. "So he doesn't know?" Kaneki was confused. "Know what?" "Yuki has joined an illegal gang. She would have been shot dead if I wasn't there." Kaneki's jaw dropped. He glared at Yuki as he handed her dinner. "Your grounded. And I want your computer." She sighed angrily and went to give it to him.

"Well I see your more like a dad now."  Aiko laughed. "Yeah...she's become so defiant."  "She's young..I was just like her. I cared like this at the orphanage all the time."  Rapid knocking on the front door startled them. "Kaneki! We need you!" Touka and the others ran in. "Inami?" They were all surprised. "What do you need?" "Ghouls are going against us all lend destroying the 20th ward. Aiko took off her glasses and let her hair down. Kaneki took off his as well and they both headed outside. "Well?"  Kaneki asked. Aiko grabbed his hand. "Let's go." She smiled at him. "Can I come?" Yuki asked.

"No!"
-"No!"
They said in unison. Inami unbuttoned her top and underneath was her old battle uniform. "I carry it around with me." Kaneki laughed and changed into his white suite. "Time to bring the king and queen back to Tokyo."