#16

Inami woke up in the middle of the night with cold sweats. She ripped the bandaged off her left eye and blinked as her eye grew back. Her vision was blurry so she tried moving her hand around the bed to try and get up. In doing so, she woke up Kaneki who was happily asleep. Kaneki yawned and sat up. "What are you doing?" She turned around and placed her hand on his chest then on his cheek. "Inami? Your eye's back!" Kaneki turned on the lights and looked into her eye. It was dilated so much her eye was basically black. "I-Its blurry..." Kaneki smiled and took his hands and cupped her face. "It's alright. Your vision will clear up in the morning. " He turns the lights back off and climbed into bed. Inami placed her hand around the bed till she found Kaneki.

She placed her hand back on his chest and laid her head down on him. Kaneki smiled and covered her with the blanket. Inami closed her eye and sighed. "Inami, why won't your other eye grow back?" Inami placed her hand on it. "A piece of a Quinque is stuck in it. It restricts it from ever growing back." Kaneki tilted his head. "Then why don't you just pull it out?" "I don't want to." Inami's response surprised him. "This injury truly shows that I'm not a man-eating monster. I got it from protecting humans..humans I cared for..they were my family. Even when Yuki found out...she excepted me."

Kaneki smiled and kissed the top of her head. "I want to protect a human of my own. He's my best friend...but I think he would never except me...only think of me as a monster." Inami looked up at him. "How do you know?" Kaneki shrugged. "I don't...Hide has always been the type that's hard to read and understand fully. Maybe one day you'll get to meet him." Inami snuggled closer in his chest. "I'll like that...." Kaneki smiled and noticed she was fast asleep. "Hmm..I guess you haven't actually gotten a full nights sleep have you?" Kaneki chuckled.

-----

The next morning, Inami was able to see fine again. She placed her clothes back on and looked at the blood stains. Kaneki got dressed in a white button up and black pants. "I think Touka might let you borrow some of her clothes." Kaneki left the room for a bit. Inami walked around the room and looked through stuff. She found a picture of everyone that worked at Anteiku and examined it carefully. She stared at a black haired male with an eyepatch and started comparing features. Kaneki walked back in with some of Touka's clothes. "Here you go, hm? What's that?" Kaneki asked. Inami handed him the picture. Kaneki blushed a little. "Ah, I see. If you're wondering, yes that is me." Inami took the picture back and ripped Kaneki out of the picture. "What are you-??"

Inami put the rest of the picture back and stared at Kaneki. "You're...happy and sad. But now your just sad." Kaneki was surprised. "What do you mean?" "You just turned into a ghoul when you worked here? You were happy around your friends but sad you could never be truly happy as you were a human." Inami stared at his face. "But now I see that you were never truly happy." Kaneki sighed and touched his chin. "I had a loving mother. And an Aunt who cared for me when she died." Inami glared and grabbed his hand and moved it away from his chin. "Say that again without touching your chin...." Kaneki didn't respond. "...I see...." Inami got dressed in Touka's clothes witch was a grey jacket with a white shirt and black pants.

"Don't try to get my clothes bloody." Touka growled when Inami and Kaneki left the room. "......." Kaneki stepped in between them. "Stop arguing you two..." "Arguing? She's not even saying anything!" Touka replid. "That is her former of arguing. Look." Kaneki went to go get something and came back. It was Inami's mood ring. He placed it in her hand and it turned grey. "She's stressed and angry." Touka clicked her tongue and walked away. Inami did the same and went down to the shop floor. "Inami! You can't go down there!" Kaneki said as she went through the door. "You might...scare the customers.." Yuki walked out of Hinami's room and rubbed her eyes.

"Where's Onee-chan?" Yuki asked. "She went to the café.." Yuki started going down the stairs then came back up them. "What's the matter?" Kaneki asked. Yuki looked down and blushed a bit. "I don't like going in places alone..." Kaneki kneeled down and rubbed her head. "We'll go looking for her together." Yuki smiled and held onto his hand. Kaneki and Yuki walked into the café and saw Inami walking outside. She had her hoodie covering half of her face. "There she is!" Yuki pulled Kaneki along and tried to catch up to Inami. "Where is she going?" Yuki asked. "You don't think she's going back to Arima..." Kaneki said and kneeled down. He let Yuki get on his back and started chasing Inami faster.