#64

"The owl  is outside!" People were startled when Takizawa stood in front of the CCG and banged in the door. Inami snuck in an office. It was empty. Inami looked around the room. "Washuu.." The door opened and an older looking man walked in. "Damn ghouls..." "You think they would give the head of the CCG a better chair." Inami said. He turned around fast and glared at her. "Why isn't the queen. How may I be of service?" Inami put her feet up on his desk. "So even you know of my title. I came to have a discussion."  She said removing  her hood. "About?"  He took a seat. "Me and my group have all decided on one goal. And that is to unite humans and ghouls together. We don't wish for war. And we want the violence to stop." He chuckled. "No ghoul what's that."  "I have a daughter." He was caught off guard. "An adopted one. Her name is Yuki and she is a human. She goes to school, is in good health, most importantly...she's  happy." 

He sighed. "Look miss---"  "Ken Kaneki. Half Ghoul, half Human. And my soon to be husband. He's  wanted  nothing more but to have us all join together ever since he was turned into one of us."  Washuu raised his hand to stop her. "I get it...but what will the public think? Will they  trust you? What if your plan works? And then one ghoul slips up and eats a human. We will go into a war all over again." Inami slammed her hands on the table. "I will not stop trying. None of us will."  He stood up. "And what is this so called group named?"  "...Goat. and we will make a new."  Inami opened his window. "One question. How did you know I wasn't going to kill you?"  "Mr. Washuu, you had 367 chances to kill me during that little talk."  "Heh...your exactly like your father...Inami." She faced her back to the window, fell out and let her wings catch her. Inami grabbed Takizawa and headed back. "Damnit!" She hit her fist in the wall. Kaneki came out of the room in a panic. "Inami! Where were you?! You scared me half to death!"

She just sighed and went back to the room. "I'm tired......I want to sleep." Kaneki looked sad. "Takizawa, why don't you find a place to sleep. The house is getting cramped. There's some spare yen in the pot on the cabinet." He followed Inami into the room. She was laying on the bed, naked but covered with the blanket. Kaneki crawled into bed and wrapped his arms around her. "You went to the CCG, didn't  you?" "It didn't  turn out as planned. Still a bust. I just the violence to stop for Yuki's sake! I don't  want her to live in a world where she has to be scared of both humans and ghouls. "I just want her to be happy and grow up happy and wake up happy..." Inami buried her face in his chest. "I understand....it's okay. You've done your best for tonight. Tomorrow  is a new day and we can  try even harder. Let's just sleep for now." He held her close to him and hummed a little.

---------

Later that night, Kaneki woke up again. He had cold sweats and his heart was racing. "Hey, are you alright? " Inami asked him, waking up when he did. "Im....I had a nightmare..it's sorry for waking you." Inami hugged him. "What was it about?" Inami asked. He shook his head as if he refused to tell her. "It's alright. Everything is fine." He reassured her. Inami snuggled as close as possible.

--------
"Inami, it's time to take Yuki to school." Kaneki tried to wake her up. "I don't feel very well. Go ahead without me." Inami said. Kaneki sighed. "Alright. Come on Luciel." The dog was laying on the floor. "Bark!" Yuki played with Luciel while Kaneki made her lunch. "Keep it down, mommy doesn't feel well."  Yuki frowned. "Is she sick?" Kaneki shrugged. "I hope not." He gave Yuki her bag and took her to school.

Inami was laying in bed, staring at the wall. "Why do I feel so stressed?" She asked herself and just shrugged  it off. She rolled over and pulled at her own hair. Kaneki came home soon after. "Inami? Are you feeling any better?" She hid under the covers. "I guess not, huh."  Kaneki placed his hand on her forehead. "You seem a little hot..." Kaneki went into the kitchen and grabbed a thermometer. "I'm alright..." Inami said when he came back in. "You can't  be too careful. Now open your mouth." Inami refused and rolled over to her other side. Kaneki huffed and grabbed her cheeks. "Inami....I won't ask again." She slapped his hand away. They both sat in silence for a few seconds.  "...." Inami snatched the thermometer out of his hand  and put it under her tongue. Kaneki checked it. "You do have a slight fever...just rest for today. I'll take care of business today."

Inami sighed and nodded. "Alright...and Kaneki," she started. "...Nevermind. We'll talk about it later." He kissed her on her forehead and smiled. "Alright, just please get some rest."