#21

Yuki held onto Kaneki's jackets as he carried Inami back home. "Well this year wasn't any better....'' Inami hissed as she crossed her arms. "How so? You have a whole café of people who wanted to give you a good birthday." Kaneki replied. "But I still injured my self..." Kaneki chuckled. "And who's fault is that?" Inami glared and Kaneki smirked. Yuki laughed and skipped along. "My legs hurt..." Inami complained. "I'll lay you down in bed when we get back." Kaneki said and kissed the top of her head and sighed. "If your going to run, don't push yourself like you did. Okay?" ".....Hmm..." Kaneki looked at Yuki and smiled. "Mommy, I'm really okay." Yuki said holding her hand. Inami's eye turned back to grey. "Glad to see your back to normal!" Kaneki said looking down the street to see if they were closer to Anteiku. "....." Inami looked up at him then Yuki. ".....I need to see my father." Kaneki stopped but Yuki walked into Anteiku. "......" Inami said nothing more. "Why...he made you kill a huge group of people and you want to go back?" "....I am loyal to my father..." Kaneki gritted his teeth.

"He's going to kill you.. you know that right?" "Then so be it." Kaneki put her down. "Inami, you don't have to..you can be here with me and Yuki. You can be happy!" Inami stared at him and heard someone walking closer. "Im proud my daughter is loyal to me. Even after I told her I was the one who killed her mother." Inami turned and saw Arima. "Father..." She slowly started walking to him when Kaneki reached out and grabbed her arm. "Don't go Inami!" Inami glared and pulled her arm back. She walked closer to Arima and passed him. Yuki walked out with Inami's mask. "Mommy your mask--....Mommy?" Yuki saw Arima. Inami grabbed her mask and looked at it. Arima handed Inami a bag. "I guess this will be your birthday present." Inami opened it and saw a CCG uniform. "...Thank you.." Inami left to go get changed around the corner of a building. Arima stared at Kaneki. "I know I said I'll kill you the next time we meet, but it's Inami's birthday. I'll give you a free pass. But this won't happen again. Let's go Inami... Squad Zero is waiting for its new recruit."

Inami walked out from around the corner with her new uniform and mask on with her hoodie over her. She nodded and started following Arima. "What about Yuki?! Shell need you!" "Mommy!!" Yuki cried out. Inami stopped and held her hand out. "Come Yuki." Kaneki looked down. "Daddy?" sadly. "Yuki!" Inami said and she started walking towards her. Inami grabbed her hand and pulled her along. "Let's go..." Arima said and they walked off. "Mommy what about daddy?" Inami sighed. "...We'll see him again..." Yuki nodded. "Okay.."

Yuki looked back at Kaneki who looked heart broken. "Yuki." Inami said making her look away from Kaneki. Kaneki walked back to Anteiku sadly. "Kaneki? Where's Inami and Yuki?" Touka asked. "They went back to CCG." Touka's eyes widened and she slammed her hand on the counter. "You should have never brought her here..What if she leads the CCG here? What about Hinami and the others?!" "Touka! Not now." Touka stopped and stormed out of the café and upstairs. Kaneki walked out of Anteiku and sat on the stairs. "Inami never even thought of me like how I do her...I'm waiting my time.." "I wouldn't say that.'' Yoshimura said walking outside. "From what I saw at Cochlea...Inami seemed very worried about you and gave her self to protect you." Kaneki sighed. "I don't even remember that.."

Yoshimura smiled. "Kaneki, as you already may know, in the past Inami was a very dangerous ghoul. She killed a whole facility of humans over night. She continued this behavior until she went back to the orphanage where she killed more to protect her family. Then she joined Aogiri and met you. Kaneki you changed her it may not seem like it to you but you did. I fear the CCG will bring her back to her old ways for their benefits. Save Inami before she loses her self again. I saw pure sadness in her the night she came here." Kaneki looked down and nodded. "I..just don't know how." Yoshimura placed his hand on his shoulder. "You'll find a way Kaneki." He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "I should get going..." Kaneki said and walked away.

Halfway down the road, he heard laughing. "Ka-ne-ki-kun~" He stopped remembering the voice. "You've been gone for quite some time now. What were you doing?" Kaneki saw Eto a few feet in front of him. "Taking a small vacation. I was heading back now." "Were you?" Kaneki didn't respond. "How's Inami? And that little girl, Yuki?" "With the CCG." Eto smirked. "Get ready because in 3 days we'll be raiding CCG." Kaneki looked down and continued walking. "Fine."