#52

"I am a ghoul." Takatsuki Sen told the press. They flashed cameras as Haise escorted her away from the crowd. "Why did you tell them?" She laughed as Haise opened the van for her to get in. "You've been so cold ever since Inami has been gone." He didn't respond and glared. "Oh, did I hit a nerve? It's been a few months  since then." Haise continued  glaring at her. "Let's move on." They made it to cochlea and all moved Eto inside. "Are you going to go see her? You haven't seen her in a long time now.'' Haise sighed and fixed his glasses. "Going to see Inami...won't help her heal. I know Cas is keeping her safe. If I go see her now, she might never go back to her usual self." Haise explained. "And Yuki?" Eto talked behind the glass window. "She's doing better than me. Yuki has a kind heart and I'm proud to be her father."  Eto nodded. "That's right, you got the adoption papers to rightfully own her. You were going to give it to Inami as a wedding present." Haise nodded. "I need to get going. Good bye." Haise left and returned home.

"Daddy!" Yuki hugged him by the legs. He held her up. "Let's go get some coffee, okay?" Yuki smiled a nodded. Haise set her down and held her hand as they walked down the street. "I saw you on t.v. today daddy!" "Really? Did I look okay?" He smirked a little. Yuki laughed and skipped along. "You always look handsome daddy!" They both laughed a little. "I miss Shirazu. He was funny.." Yuki said sadly."  "Yes, I miss him as well. The quinx's don't like me anymore though. But it's nice of Saiko to watch over you for me." "Mitsuki is gone too..." Haise sighed. "Yeah, she went on her own for a while. But you still have me and I promise to always make your days happy. And when mommy comes back, we'll be even happier!" Haise said to keep her spirits up.

"I know daddy!" Haise smiled and walked up the stairs to the café. Haise opened it and Yuki skipped in and sat at the bar. Haise sat next to her and let her looked at the menu. Touka flashed a smile over to them. "What can I get you?" Touka pulled out her notepad. "Black coffee and..." Yuki said her order. "Black coffe, iced caramel mocha, and a sandwich. Will that be it?" Touka read the order back to them. "That will be all." Haise pulled out his wallet out and Touka stopped him. "It's free...this time at least." Haise was confused. "I know you and Yuki have been in a hard time with Inami gone...so I'll make this one free." Haise smiled back. "Thank you, Touka." She started making the order and soon handed them there coffee. Yuki enjoyed her food as Haise drank his coffee. "How about you Touka?" She sighed. "I'm ok, I heard from Ayato that Inami took Hinami in custody." "Yes...see was caught carrying out a job for Aogiri. You must understand that Inami didn't want to."

Touka nodded and sighed. "Yes I understand. But...please, get her out. She means to me as much as Yuki means to you."  Yuki, who was eating silently, got up and went over to the bathrooms. Haise followed her. "What are you doing daddy?" "I was going to help you out." She blushed and tried closing the bathroom door. "I'm eight daddy! I can take of this myself." He moved back from the door way. "Alright, I'll be out here if you need me." Touka smiled and giggled. "You really are a good parent." Haise sighed. "If it weren't for Inami, I wouldn't know the first thing about caring for a child. And if it weren't for Yuki, I would be a wreck right now." Touka started cleaning some of the tables. "Inami is going under something us ghouls are even afraid of. Because of her unique genetic pattern, Inami has the ability to wipe out everyone in Aogiri if she wanted. She has lived in so much pain and she does a good job at hiding it. I honestly look up to her because she is so strong."

Haise smiled back. "Thank you for saying that. She is a strong but it makes me sad that she tries to hold back all of her emotions. She's changing but I hope not in a bad way." Yuki walked out and grabbed Haise's hand. "Let's go daddy!" He nodded. "Bye Touka. I'll make sure Hinami will get out safe." She nodded. "Thank you.." He and Yuki left. Touka watched them from the window. "Thank you..Kaneki.."

-----

A crowd of people surrounded someone. They all looked angry and they had there quinques. "What's going on?" Yuki asked. Haise put her on his shoulders  and let her look over the crowd of CCG members. Her eyes opened wide. "Daddy!" She smiled. Haise put her down and she grabbed his hand. She ran through the huge crowd and made it to the middle. Haise struggled to get through. By the time he did. Yuki was being held by someone. Haise ended up tripping over someone and fell through on his hands and knees. "Daddy, are you okay?" He picked his glasses off of the ground and stood up. "Yes i, fine. I--....." He stopped talking when he saw Yuki being held by someone that looked like a ghost to him. "...."  "...Inami...." "She's A monster! She killed so many people." Haise hears someone yell. "That was months ago! And she saved us when the spider ghoul attacked." Haise defended her. Inami held Yuki close and glared. "He's right. Leave her be." A voice said from the back. Arima broke the crowd apart. He was looking better from what Inami left him.  "Inami...I'm glad you--..." She  cut him off. "Get away from you filthy pig." They were all surprised. "You will leave both me and Cas alone and never come near us again." Cas came around the corner and hide behind Inami. She carried Yuki and walked away.

Haise and Cas followed her. "Is she okay now?" Cas sighed. "She is able to walk again and keep her kagune but she is a bit...twitchy." Haise stared at her closely. "Then why did you bring her back?"  "I couldn't  stop her...she scared me and demanded  we go back. She would cry at night screaming about how much she missed the two of you. Just...keep her in a quiet place and keep any CCG member away from her." "I don't have a place to go other than the quinx's home." Haise added. "I can handle that..."  She pulled out a stack of cash and handed it to him. "Father gave this to me when I first came to Japan. Please use it." Haise took it and thanked her.

Haise checked into an apartment and helped moved everyone's  stuff inside. "Daddy, will you be quiting your job?"  Yuki asked. Inami was sitting in a chair that was in the main part of the apartment. "Not yet...I need to save Hinami and take care of some other things." She nodded. Haise looked over to Inami and then back at Yuki. "Can you give us a minute?" Yuki nodded and kissed him on  the cheek before running off to a room. Haise stood in front of Inami. She didn't notice him though. He went down on his knee and waved  a hand in front of her face. Inami blinked rapidly and noticed him now. "How are you feeling?" Inami shook her head. "I feel that I have gone mad." Haise cupped her face and smiled. "The best people are. Inami hugged him tightly, as did Haise. "I'm so happy..I missed you so much." Inami whispered. She started crying and Haise placed their foreheads together. "We can live happily now. We can get married now!" Inami nodded and continued crying. Haise wiped her tears and pressed his lips against her's. Inami and Haise held each other close and she ended up pushing him to the ground. "I love you. I want to marry you right now."  Haise chuckled. "I know sweetheart. But not yet.ni have to take care of a few things then we can get married and live like a family." Inami nodded and hugged him close. "Please don't let go..." Inami whispered. "I won't  let you go again."