Chapter Eighteen

"Do you remember anything?"

Lauren shook her head slightly. "All I remember were the four gunshots that I heard and pain. Lots of pain. I couldn't see their faces." She looked up at Camila with a pained expression. She tried to remember but she couldn't.

Camila sighed, hoping that Lauren would recall what happened in the woods.

"It's alright." Camila comforted her.

She met Normani's eyes, the darker skinned girl nodding her head outside, wanting a private conversation with her.

Camila kissed Lauren's forehead gently as she followed Normani out of Lauren's room and into the hallway.

"What's up?"

Normani sighed, "I need you to talk to your dad. He's going to have a better recollection of what happened than Lauren."

Camila agreed. "That's what I was thinking. Unfortunately, Lauren isn't much help with that."

"Okay, so you will talk to your dad about it?"

Camila nodded, "Yeah I will." She looked at the time before deciding it was late. "I'll talk to him tomorrow morning."

"I'm going to go by Dinah's house tonight. She wanted to have a stay-in date sort of thing." She explained, silently asking if it was okay with her.

Camila smiled. "Yeah go ahead. I'll probably stay the night here and head out tomorrow and talk to him then."

Normani nodded before heading downstairs. Camila turned and opened the door, the rest of the pack already heading out, leaving the two girls alone.

"Hey baby." Lauren cooed from across the room. She was sitting up in her bed with a curious gaze upon her face.

Camila smiled and walked over to Lauren's closet, taking off her t-shirt in the process.

Lauren's eyes widened and her jaw dropped at the show in front of her.

Camila grabbed an old t-shirt from a hanger and old sweatpants from Lauren's dresser before changing into the clothing. She didn't care that her girlfriend was sitting just a few feet away. During her time here, they became comfortable in changing in front of the other.

She noticed the goofy grin on Lauren's face and pecked her cheek. "Baby, close your mouth. You'll catch flies."

Lauren shut her mouth instantly and Camila met her own lips to hers. Lauren smiled into the kiss and they kissed for a few moments before Camila pulled away and cuddled her head onto Lauren's chest.

The older girl wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's small body, nuzzling her face into Camila's hair. She took a breath and smelled the scent of the girl's and her own shampoo due to her girlfriend showering while she was here. Camila has probably been over her house than her own by now.

"I love you." She mumbled, hoping the smaller girl heard her. Ever since they told their 'I love you's' to each other, they couldn't stop saying them.

"I love you too." Camila mumbled into her shirt. Lauren smiled and closed her eyes, falling asleep peacefully with her girl in her arms.

---

"Hey dad? Can I talk with you for a moment?"

"Yeah sure thing, sweetheart! What's up?" He placed down his coffee cup and newspaper onto the table and focused his attention onto his daughter.

It was the next morning, a full week since Lauren was shot and Camila needed to know what happened.

"I was just wondering what happened last week in the woods."