Chapter Fourteen

Camila looked down at the page once again "What exactly is that though?"

Black-inked drawings scattered the page but her eyes were focused on something much bigger in the middle.

"A hybrid. It's a deadly cross between a werewolf and a vampire. It only makes sense as to why Luke joined up with our greatest enemies." Ally breathed out. Her eyes were scattering quickly up and down the page, almost in bewilderment of what she just found out.

"I don't think I'm understanding." Camila said truthfully. Yeah, she has seen some movies and TV shows that have portrayed hybrids but this is different. This is new information and this is real life. Not some Hollywood version of supernatural creatures.

Ally took a deep breath and her eyebrows furrowed in worry. "Hybrids are the most powerful creatures in existence, having both werewolf and vampire powers. It's almost impossible to obtain this abomination but not entirely. As confident as Luke sounded in the woods with his encounter with you and Lauren, I'm sure he has figured it out."

Camila thought about it for a moment. Then a realization came to her. "Why is he killing humans then? Is he taking the dead bodies?"

Ally froze. There was a silent moment before were eyes widened in revelation. "They aren't dead." She whispered underneath her breath.

"Wait what?" Camila shook her head. All this time, they have thought that the humans that were being attacked were dead. Their families have grieved with the loss of their son or daughter without the knowledge that they weren't actually being killed.

"Those people that he's attacking aren't dead." Ally buried her head into her hands. "How could we not have seen it before?" She mumbled underneath her breath.

"Ally what are you talking about?" Camila reached up and gently rubbed Ally's shoulder, hopefully to get an explanation on what is going on.

"We just assumed but Zendaya said she saw that Connor boy dead." Ally was rambling now and Camila kneeled onto the floor and made Ally look into her eyes.

"Tell me from the beginning. What is going on?" She urged.

Ally took a deep breath, "Luke made sure no one would see the bodies or as little as possible to make us believe they were dead. He must've mutilated them to the brink of death before giving them the bite."

"The wolf bite? To change them?"

Ally nodded. "It's a very difficult process to create a Hybrid. First, you need a werewolf. You don't even need a purebred to do it so I guess Luke's pack members didn't want to go for it or he didn't allow them to since he's changing humans instead."

Camila nodded her head and ushered Ally to go further into the story.

"After he has a werewolf, they inject him with a certain type of blood. Only one vampire alive has had blood successful enough to create hybrids but he has been long gone. He created hybrids for power and before he died, he stored some of his blood away for future vampires to use. Kind of to keep his legacy going." Ally explained.

"So what happens to the werewolves that are injected with the blood?" Camila questioned.

"They die. Or well, they kill them with the blood still in their system. After the werewolf dies, their transformation will only be complete by drinking the blood of a human doppelgänger."

Camila looked back down at the page in the book. The drawing on the page depicted an extremely large creature with bearing fangs. It had multiple man-like characteristics; however, covered head to toe in fur. The drawing looked like it was ancient as the ink was faded on the page.