Chapter Seven

The next afternoon, Camila was sitting in her bed catching up on some school work when out of nowhere Lauren came through the window, carrying her school bag on her back.

"What are you doing?" Camila asked, looking up from her textbook.

Lauren shrugged her shoulders and walked to the side of the bed, "I came to see you and I figured we can do school work together."

Camila brought her pencil to her mouth and looked at Lauren quizzically, "You know, I figured since I'm with you, my life would be a lot more involved in the supernatural."

Lauren chuckled, "It's not that glamorous," she admitted. "I still have to pass high school. Same as you."

"Doesn't it get hard balancing between school and werewolf duties?"

Lauren shrugged, "I somehow make it happen."

Camila patted the spot next to her, beckoning Lauren to sit there. The taller girl took off her shoes and sat down, "Good afternoon by the way." She said and kissed Camila's cheek. The smaller girl blushed and tried to hide her face.

"I also wanted to talk about the date I asked you on," Lauren voiced.

"What about it?"

"Well," Lauren stammered, "The date can be Friday but it would have to end early."

"Why?"

"The full moon is that night and it wouldn't be best if you hung around."

Camila shook her head slightly, "Wait, I'm confused."

Lauren took a deep breath, "The full moon makes us different. Our powers are enhanced and our hormones are all over the place." She paused before continuing, "Even though we can shift forms easily and voluntarily, the full moon makes it harder. It's a lot slower and much more painful process. It makes a wolf angrier and a lot more dangerous to be around. It's involuntary and I'm not sure you would want to be around me."

Camila didn't say anything, still trying to process what Lauren said.

"After our date. I'll drop you off at your house and we can meet up the next morning, if you would like."

Camila shook her head, "No."

"No?" Lauren internally panicked. She knew Camila wouldn't think of her the same after she told her about what happens during the full moon.

"I want to come with."

Lauren let out the breath she was holding, relief leaving her shoulders but then she immediately thought of the dangers Camila could be in.

"Camila," Lauren sighed. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"Lauren, answer this one question for me. Am I the mate you chose?"

Lauren hesitated before nodding her head, confirming that Camila was, indeed, the girl she chose as her mate.

"Then let me be there for you," Camila reached up and rubbed Lauren's upper arm comfortingly. "Over the past two weeks, you have declared that you would be there for me over and over again. Let me do the same."

Lauren sighed and looked down at her hands, which were playing with Camila's comforter.

"Lauren, look at me." The older girl looked up and green eyes met with brown. "What's wrong?"

Lauren shrugged her shoulders. "I'm scared," she whispered. "I'm scared that you will be terrified of me after you see me during the full moon. Yeah you've seen me transform before, but this is different."