Chapter Twelve

Later on that week, Camila was on her bed studying when she heard her phone ringing. She reached over and saw that Dinah was calling.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Walz! You will never believe what just happened!" Dinah screamed into the phone. Camila even had to pull the phone away from her ear before Dinah blew her eardrum.

"What happened?"

"Normani just asked me out!" Dinah screamed again.

"Dinah! Lower your voice before you make me go deaf! Just start from the beginning with a normal voice please." Camila pleaded.

"Okay, so Normani dropped me off this afternoon at my house after we had to stay back at school to work on a project for one of our classes. We were just hanging out when she asked me if I was free tomorrow around noon and since I was, she asked me to go out to lunch with her!" Dinah squealed at the end.

Camila smiled at how happy her best friend was. Ever since Lauren told her what happened in the hallway earlier this week, she was hoping that Normani would ask her out soon.

"I asked if she was asking me out on a date and she just blushed and lowered her head all adorably and said if I wanted it to be a date, then it could be. Walz, I need your help. What should I wear? She asked me out to lunch so it sounds kind of casual but it would be our first date and I don't know if it's a nice restaurant or not." Dinah rambled.

Camila smiled and shook her head at her best friend's rambling. Dinah has been on dates before but she has never acted like this. The younger girl acting like this just solidifies Camila's thoughts about how Normani and Dinah could actually work out really well and she's so happy for her.

"Wear something comfortable yet nice. The weather is starting to cool down so like a nice sweater and some blue jeans with your knee-high boots would be nice. Add some jewelry and neutral makeup and you would look perfect."

"So basically kind of what you wore for your first date with Lauren?" Dinah laughed at the coincidence.

"Yeah I guess. I mean it worked out. Lauren loved the outfit and her expression when she first saw it was priceless. Even though she tried to be sneaky about it, I did notice her really appreciating the outfit-"

"Okay!" Dinah yelled, cutting Camila off. "I do not need to hear any more details about how Lauren was entranced by your outfit." She chuckled through the phone. "Pity that she didn't do anything about it."

Camila could hear the smirk Dinah wore over the phone and she could feel her face blush. She was glad they weren't doing this face to face; otherwise, her best friend would tease her even more about it.

Camila just stayed quiet, hoping Dinah would just drop the embarrassing subject.

"Mhm." She teased on the phone. "I'm going to go and pick out my outfit for tomorrow. I'll be the good best friend and tell you all about it the minute it's over unlike someone I know."

Camila remembered after her and Lauren's first date, Dinah bombarded her phone with texts and missed calls demanding to know how their date went. She rolled her eyes at Dinah's antics, "I'll be looking forward to it. Have fun!"

After their goodbyes, Camila hung up and returned to her studying. She wasn't far back into it when she saw Lauren climb through her window out of the corner of her eye. She smiled at her girlfriend who walked over and kissed Camila gently on the cheek.

"How are you doing?" Lauren asked, laying down on the bed and resting her head in the palm of her hand. She reached up with her other hand and gently stroked Camila's cheek, making the smaller girl close her eyes and enjoy the soft caress.