Chapter Eleven

Eighteen-year-old Connor Ball has been reported missing by the local county Police department this morning. He was last seen walking around town last night and investigators say he could have possibly walked into the woods where recent attacks have been occurring. Lucy Vives and Hailee Steinfeld were victims; both have been reported attacked and killed these past few weeks. Connor attended the local high school, the same high school where Lucy and Hailee attended, just a few minutes away from where all the attacks have been occurring. The school board even closed down the local schools for the rest of the week and officials strongly urge everyone to stay inside their homes and only travel when necessary. A picture of Connor can be found on the top right of your screen and in local stores around the city. Anyone who has any sighting of Connor or any information on the attacks is to please call the number on the bottom of the screen and report it to the police immediately.

The TV turned off and Camila looked over at her father who was holding the remote in his hand.

"Another attack? This is getting extremely out of hand." He sighed rubbing his temples in frustration.

"He's just missing Papa. He hasn't been attacked." Camila said trying to sympathize but there was only so much she could do when he was actually right. Connor was attacked. Lauren left during the night last night but not before leaving her a note stating what happened and that she was sorry for leaving.

"He's missing yes but that doesn't mean that he wasn't attacked. It could mean that no one saw the body to report it last night." Her father argued. His voice was rising and he was getting angrier. "If the officials don't fix this immediately, I'll go fix it myself."

Camila remembered the conversation they had last time there was an attack. He was going to organize a hunting party to kill the animal but she couldn't let him do that. Not with Lauren and the packs out there.

"I still stand by my word Camila." Alejandro spoke up. "Next time there is an attack, I'm getting the guys together and we will go in those woods and kill the damn thing!" He shouted.

Sinu heard his yelling and came downstairs, starting to soothe her husband. Camila sighed and stood up from her spot on the couch. She knows her dad has good intentions but he doesn't know what he's up against and she definitely wasn't going to tell him. She wishes there was just a way to keep everyone safe, without spilling any secrets and anyone getting hurt.

She went upstairs and closed her bedroom door, wanting some silence and time alone.

The moment she turned around, there was a pair of lips on hers and strong gentle hands on her waist. Once she realized it was her girlfriend, she started to kiss back. She wrapped her arms around Lauren's neck and pulled her closer to her body. They separated once they needed to breathe and Lauren looked at her with wide eyes.

"Damn that gets better every time." She said. Camila smiled and pecked her on the lips once more before grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the bed.

"We need to talk."

Lauren's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "That's never good." She sat down next to her girlfriend on the bed and waited for her to explain.

Camila smiled, "It's not about us." She gave her a quick kiss for good measure and started to continue what she was saying. "It's about the attacks."

Lauren nodded. She decided she would explain thoroughly what happened last night. "Zendaya was the one who found him. She said that he had large bite marks on his neck and claw marks scratched down his body. She said it looked like he tried to put up a fight against the vampires and when she found his body she said that he was as good as dead."