Chapter Eight

It was Friday afternoon, a few hours until Camila's date with Lauren and the night of the full moon. During classes today, Camila was able to see that Lauren was on edge. It seemed that her senses where enhanced and she had to keep nudging her side to make her aware when her eyes started to glow.

Earlier that week, Normani was able to find Zayn and was able to persuade him to have the packs meet the following week to discuss the alliance. When Normani came back and reported the news to Lauren, Camila was able to physically see the stress leave her body. Lauren was relieved that Zayn had agreed to meet up. But now since it is the day of the full moon, it seemed like all the stress came back. Her shoulders were tense and Camila noticed that she didn't get enough sleep the previous night.

Camila stood in front of her closet door, trying to find a nice outfit to wear tonight. Lauren said to dress casual but she didn't tell her where they were going. Apparently it was a surprise.

She sighed at the pitiful collection of clothes in her closet and grabbed her phone.

To: DJ 3:32 PM

Can you come over? I need help

From: DJ 3:33 PM

On my way

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang and Camila ran to the door, opening it hurriedly.

"Wow, I didn't know you wanted to see me so bad." Dinah teased and stepped into the house.

"I really need your help. My date with Lauren is in an hour and I don't know what to wear." Camila stressed.

Dinah grabbed her best friend's hand and led her up the stairs. "C'mon I'll help you. Did Lauren tell you anything?"

"Yeah she wanted me to wear casual clothing. Something comfortable."

Dinah have her a look, "Then why did you need me for?"

"C'mon you and I both know that even though someone says casual, you want to dress up a bit."

Dinah nodded her head in agreement and walked over to the closet. She was going through clothes, tossing some on the bed that she thought would be appropriate.

"There," Dinah stopped and pointed to the bed. "What do your think about that outfit?"

Camila walked up and looked through the clothes Dinah picked out. There was a red sweater with a scarf that matched and dark wash skinny jeans. Dinah leaned down in the closet and brought out tall brown boots.

"It's cute, comfortable, and since it's fall, it goes with the season."

Camila let out a breath and hugged the taller girl, "Dinah, you are a life saver."

Dinah shrugged and gave herself a pat on the back, "Now go get changed so we can do your hair and makeup."

Half an hour later, Camila was ready. She was dressed and Dinah did her hair and makeup. Her hair was slightly curled and they decided on doing a nude makeup palette so her face looked more natural and not dramatic.

Dinah left a few minutes ago, wishing Camila good luck on the date and making her promise that she would tell her everything afterwards. She promised she would tell about the date, but she wasn't going to tell everything. Not with the full moon that night.

Camila was pacing back and forth in the foyer, nervously biting her nails. Sinu walked over, "You need to calm down Mija."

"I'm just nervous Mama."