Chapter One

Lauren Jauregui is a werewolf, a natural-born alpha. She is in charge of keeping her pack safe and make sure they don't get into any trouble. To blend in with society, they are attending the local high school. Lauren just didn't expect to meet her mate by running into her in the hallway.

Camila Cabello was your normal average highschool senior. On the first day of school, she meets a very beautiful and extraordinary girl named Lauren. What she didn't know was that meeting Lauren on that day would change her life forever.

She was running. Leaves crunching underneath her bare feet and sharp rocks piercing the skin, making them bleed. She didn't know what she was running from. All she knew was that it was big. It could be a bear but they don't tend to become that large in size. She heard the thundering paws pounding closer behind her and ran faster, not exactly knowing where she was going. Running frantically through the woods at night isn't where she would think she would be at this hour. At this time, she would be sleeping soundly in her warm bed, safely from whatever was trying to chase her.

​The trees started to get thicker, making it hard to sprint in one direction. The tree roots were sticking up more, making her legs tired from jumping over them. She was never good at gym, especially during the track and field unit. Running behind a tree, she decided to catch her breath before she died of her lungs exploding before whatever what was after her could kill her.

​A few moments of silence. She couldn't hear it anymore. She did not run fast enough to outrun it. It was out there somewhere and she knew it. She felt it. A full moon was out that night, its light shining through the trees. A foggy mist covered the ground, hiding the bottoms of the trees. Then she heard it.

​A howl in the distance.

​Turning around she saw eyes. Green eyes. She was expecting yellow eyes, based on the types of books she has read and the movies she has seen. The eyes were getting bigger, meaning the thing was getting closer. Backing up, she felt a tree pressed against her back prohibiting her from backing up any farther.

​The eyes of the body got closer and it was an animal, walking on all fours.

​Another howl was heard in the distance and the animal pricked its ear forward, turning its head towards the sound.

​A wolf.

​She couldn't believe her eyes. This wasn't a normal wolf. This animal was at least three times bigger than what it should be. As it got closer, she was able to see its jet-black fur and green glowing eyes.

​The animal in front of her howled, arching its back. The sound vibrated through her body and she could hear her heart pound loudly in her chest.

​The animal stopped and looked back at her. The green eyes met hers and walked forward, stopping once its nose was inches away from her face. She felt the warm breath of the animal against her face. She noticed its teeth were the length of her fingers. They were pure white, contrasting against its black fur. The wolf didn't do anything. It just stood there watching her, analyzing her.

​"Camila!" She heard her name in the distance. It sounded like her mom's voice.

​"Camila!" There it was again but louder this time.

​She looked around but all she could see were trees, fog, and the big animal in front of her, its green eyes never leaving her.

​"Camila!"

​"Camila!"

​She jumped awake, throwing her blankets to the side, looking frantically left and right. She was in her bedroom and her mom was standing in the doorway looking annoyed.