Chapter Seventeen

Time stood still. Well, at least that's what it felt like. It felt like hours since Normani and the rest of Lauren's pack left. Time was ticking and every ounce of worry increased as each second passed.

Ally had told her to sit in the living room while she waited outside for them to come back but she couldn't. How do they expect her to sit down while her girlfriend is out there? Her feet ached as she couldn't stop pacing. The cuticles on her fingernails were chewed away due to her nervous habit.

She heard footsteps on the porch and she bolted to the door, opening it to see who it was.

Ally, Normani, and everyone else was there and they walked into the house holding something. She caught sight of what it was and she gasped as tears started falling down her face.

Lauren's body.

Towels and parts of ripped cloth covered her as blood seeped through them. Her heart clenched as she looked at the amount of the red liquid that covered her girlfriend's body.

"Camz?" A husky and tired voice spoke.

Camila looked up at Lauren's face, noticing that she was still awake.

"Hey." She cooed. Her fingers caressed the soft skin of her cheeks, wanting to give her some form of comfort without hurting her more than she already was. "I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere.

"It hurts." Lauren husked out.

"I know baby." She looked up and asked Normani a silent question.

"No, she's not." Normani said. She was looking at the smaller girl's face and she didn't need a communication line to see what she was thinking.

"But she will be if we don't hurry!" Ally said, rushing the pack to hurry up. "Bring her on top of the table. Shawn, thanks for your help but you need to leave the room."

The boy smiled understandingly and after he gently placed Lauren's legs onto the table, he left and closed the door.

"Z, throw out the towels and take out the drop cloths from the cabinet." Ally said. The girl was now in medical mode as her only concern was the alpha on the table.

"Natalie, can you get my surgical pack?"

The girl quickly went to the cabinet and took out the pack, bringing it over to Ally.

Camila slowly walked over to the table, cautious of everything around her but her gaze never left the werewolf.

She took a seat and grabbed Lauren's hand with hers, interlocking their fingers.

"Baby." She whispered. Her other hand reached up and gently ran her fingers through Lauren's thick black hair. "Please."

"She's losing a lot of blood. We need to get the bullets out of her now!" Ally said, after getting scrubbed in and grabbing a scalpel blade.

"Ally, she's losing consciousness!" Normani yelled. "You need to do this quick!"

"I can't lose you. Stay with me." Camila muttered into Lauren's ear, hoping that she could hear her.

Ally got started on the first bullet with a load of concentration. If she wasn't careful, she could tear something that could be crucial.

A few minutes have passed until Ally cheered. "I got it!" She held it up to the light and her smile faded.

"What? What's wrong?" Camila asked, once she noticed.

"Normani, get a metal tray from the cabinet. Be careful and don't inhale the fumes."