"Okay!" Mandy says, grabbing the page. 

She clears her throat and begins:

"Last Friday, a dozen or so hunters were walking through the forest of Valleyfield. There were reports of a wild animal stalking through the forest a few nights before."

She stops when Ryder intervenes.

"Valleyfield? Isn't that where you came from Mara?" He asks, looking at me.

Suddenly, everyone's eyes are on me.

"Uh, yeah." I reply.

"Did you see it?" Layla asks.

"What? Of course not." I reply, shaking my head.

"Wait. Is that why you moved?" Bailey asks.

"Part of the reason." I purse my lips.

"Whoa. Continue Mandy." Josh says, sounding excited.

"As the hunters were walking, suddenly a giant white and black tiger appeared. It was so big that it stood about two metres from the ground to the top of the head and was an estimate of three metres long from nose to tail. The hunters tried attacking, but it seems as though the tiger escape unscathed. We recently talked to the lead hunter, James Kunder:

"The tiger was nothing like I've ever seen before." He starts, "It was huge and it had the brightest eyes, they were amber with flecks of gold through them, I was amazed. But, even though the tiger fled and escaped, we still believe that it is a threat. It is very unusual and dangerous for a tiger to be around these areas, so therefore, we have a proposition for the public.

"Anyone who can bring the tiger to us, whether it be dead or alive, will be rewarded with a life-changing $100 000. Just be aware that this tiger is capable of anything and could take your life."

Mandy stops reading and scans the page quickly with her eyes.

"And then it's nothing important." She states.

"Whoa, one hundred thousand dollars, could you imagine what you could do with that?" Josh asks, I drown the rest of the conversation out as I sit in shock.

I'm speechless. It sounds like these hunters are going to stop at nothing until they catch me, but I have an advantage, I can shift. I just need to be more aware when I'm on a run, go further than I normally would.

These hunters may have to reconsider, because there is no way they are catching this 'Monster Tiger'.

••••*••••

"Are you okay? You haven't said anything since lunch." Mandy says as she drives from dropping Bailey off.

I turn and smile at her, "I'm fine. Sorry, just been thinking all day." I reply.

We pull into the driveway and I notice Ryder leaning against his bike.

We hop out of the car and Ryder looks a little confused when he sees me.

"Thanks Mandy, see you tomorrow." I smile and turn to walk away when I crash into something hard.

I look up and meet the eyes of the one and only, Ryder Jackson.

I slightly smile and wiggle out of his hold, "Sorry, didn't see you there."

He chuckles, "It's no problem, maybe we should crash into each other more often."

Him and his rotten cockiness.

I roll my eyes and walk down the driveway to go around the fence, before walking up my driveway.