Chapter 22

A/N: So we have made it passed 200 reads officially!!! 

I am so happy :')

anyway...

S4E3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was having lunch with Brooke when Lucas came over.

"Trade ya my juice box for a bag of chips," he joked, "I'll even throw in a cookie."

"Wow, Peyton must really need chips." she replied, not looking at him.

He sighed and looked at me before continuing, "For the last time, there is nothing between me and Peyton."

"There's also nothing between us so why are you still here?"

"Ya know, you broke up with me. Without any reason, you just left. I just thought we could still be friends." he stated, walking away.

She sighed and sent me an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry Brooke... is there anything I can do?" I asked.

She smirked a little, "You're doing it."

***

Tonight we started the playoffs. It was do or die now... win games all the way to the championship, or lose to end the season.

"Crap! That's how this season started off for you boys." Whitey started, "Most of you are seniors and this is your last chance to win that championship. What are you gunna do about it?" 

Before the game, Dan Scott stood in front of all of us. He was talking about how proud he was of Nathan for jumping into the water and being a hero. "With great joy, I award my son Nathan Scott with this Award of Valor for his heroism."

That's when Rachel jumped in out of nowhere and kissed Nathan. "Let's just play ball." Nathan scoffed, heading to our side of the court.

We were playing well, and then Nathan got fouled and took his spot at the free throw line. His first one went in, obviously... he never missed. However, I spoke too soon when he missed the next one.

***

Halftime came around and we were down by 5.

"Are you boys tired? You all look tired... I am tired. But I'm old, I am allowed to be tired. Scott, you haven't made a shot since you were at the free throw line...something I need to know about?" Whitey spoke.

"I'll be fine coach." Nathan replied.

We were getting ready to take the court again, but Nate, Skills and I stayed in the locker room a bit.

"Someone needs to tell that old man that they don't call me Skills because I am good at pickin' splinters out of my ass."

Nathan and I looked behind him and said, "They don't call him Skills cuz' he's good at getting splinters out of his ass."

The next half consisted of the three of us dominating the court. Without Lucas, Skills was definitely stepping up and filling the void. We won the game.

***

After the game, there was a victory party at Rachel and Brooke's house. Lucas was trying to get the friendship back with Brooke, however, she obviously wasn't having it. That's when Peyton and a new guy showed up. I assumed that was her brother, Derek, that Lucas had told me about. What happened next really hurt me... Brooke went over there and kissed him.

"Don't worry, it will just make her like you more." she said, then walked away. I shook my head and went to the keg for a drink.

"Hey, Toby, this is my brother Derek. Mind keeping him company while I use the bathroom?" Peyton asked.

I nodded and handed him a drink. We talked a bit and apparently he knew about Peyton and I. Peyton returned and I headed outside to sit alone. That was, until Lucas joined.

"Hey, you alright? I was gunna head out."

I sighed, "Yeah...I'll be alright."

"Look, about Brooke... she's probably just afraid to be hurt again." Lucas said.

I nodded and he gave me a farewell pat on the back. I decided to lay down and close my eyes. I don't know how much time had passed, but I am assuming the two girls thought I was asleep.

"You're pregnant." Rachel stated, "You haven't been drinking, trying to make maternity clothes... and I found the planned parenthood pamphlets in your side table."

"You snooped through my drawers?" Brooke asked.

"My house, my drawers. Who's the dad? Lucas, or maybe you already fooled around with Toby and used his feelings against him."

I heard a smack and then two pairs of foot steps walking away. Brooke was pregnant too?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

till next time!

*kelsey*