Chapter 18

A/N: Hey, hey, what do ya say!?

Season 3 Episode 21

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was getting my new apartment together when Haley gave me a call.

"Hey, are you busy? Brooke says I need to buy myself time while she works on my dress." She laughed.

"Sure, come on over. You can help me move stuff around!" My new place was in the same complex as Nathan and Haley's, just down the hall.

It wasn't too long before she showed, walking right in without a knock. I decided to make us some grilled cheeses and tomato soup so we could eat and talk.

"So, Brooke is making your dress huh?" I started, dipping my sandwich into the soup.

"Yeah, I mean why not. Maid of honor AND my designer!" She smiled, "Speaking of Brooke, have you talked about you-know-what?"

I sighed, "Every now and then, yeah. She knows how I feel and I know how she feels... It is what it is."

***

We headed back to Haley's so she could try the dress on for Brooke. I had to blindfold her eyes as Brooke dressed her. Brooke was talented, but this dress? It just wasn't Haley and it was definitely an 'out there' design.

"Wait! Here's the best part," Brooke smiled, placing a halo like crown on Haley's head, "Get it? Halo." she squealed.

Haley and I made eye contact, we were definitely thinking the same thing. Brooke left and Nathan showed up, obviously mocking her dress she was wearing. I decided to leave and let the two do their thing.

***

I chose to go on a run before Nathan and Haley's rehearsal dinner. Only it ended short when I got a call from Brooke who was in need of someone to talk to. I had her meet me at my place and she was already waiting outside when I made it back.

"Brooke, what's going on?" I said, walking up and seeing tears swell in her eyes.

"Haley didn't like my dress and I went off on her and I have got to be the WORST maid of honor ever." she said, plopping onto the coach.

"Oh, come on now. Everyone is just a bit on edge with the rehearsal tonight and everything that needs to be done for tomorrow. You guy's will be alright, I'm sure of it." I said, getting her to grin. "Plus, Lucas comes back tonight right?" I asked, taking a spot next to her.

"Yeah." She said, kinda tailing off.

"Brooke... I'm listening."

She took a breath," I just... he hasn't called still. Or texted. At first, I was missing him so much and relied on him for everything. But now, I have me and my friends ya know? I really don't miss him as much as I used to."

"That doesn't make you awful, Brooke. Just know that."

She smiled, taking me into a hug.

***

The rehearsal dinner was already exciting. Apparently, Brooke had recorded Nathan and Haley's love story. So now, she had various people reenacting the scenes out for everyone to see. One scene in-particular had an effect on me... The one with Lucas and Brooke and they kissed. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye, Rachel.

"Hey." she said, giving a small smile. I nodded in return. "Sorry if you think I'm crashing... but Brooke invited me and I just needed to get out of the house."

That got my attention, "Brooke asked you to come here?"

Then I heard Peyton's voice, followed by Lucas. They were doing the proposal scene, and at first it was going good. However, when Peyton was supposed to reply... she replied saying the wrong lines.

***

I sat at home alone because I wanted to get some sleep for tomorrow. I was just getting ready for bed when there was a knock on my door. I answered, even though all I had on were some sweatpants. Again, she had tears in her eyes. I motioned her inside and had her sit down.

"It's happening again, Toby. Lucas and Peyton." She said, "Peyton still loves him..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

till next time!

*kelsey*