Chapter Eighty Nine

"Go to sleep," I whisper to the boys. "I'm gonna bring Elliot to her crib," I point at the boys.

"Ok," they nod yawning slightly. They both slowly walk to their bedroom bragging their legs behind them.

"Goodnight princess," I chuckle kissing her forehead before laying her in the crib. Slowly I walk towards mine a Maddy's room. She tightly held the pillow against her trying to sleep as she works tomorrow. I walk towards her and smile. Her forehead had slight creases and her eyes shut tightly. I touch her hair and smile. "Goodbye my love," I sigh kissing her forehead.

"He's coming home I promise." She whispers in her sleep. I look down at her and she seems frustrated. Tears begin to fall down her cheeks and she begins sitting up. Before she can open her eyes to look for me I am already leaving her room. "Shawn?" She speaks hopefully. "Please?" I listen to her fall to the ground. I look at her from the stairs watching her cry in her hands. I hate how dependent she is on me but in another way I love it. I trained her like that so she could never leave me so shed be used to me and only me and now when I leave on tours she can't sleep and neither can I.

"I'm here darling," I whisper hoping she won't hear me. I listen to footsteps run down and she looks me directly in the eyes and walks away. I look to the floor and listen to her groan.

"No Summer now I'm seeing him everywhere," she sighs. "I just want him to come home," she begins crying, sobbing on the floor. "I miss him," she sniffs. She begins walking back up the stairs with a glass of wine in hand. I follow her up to the room as if I'm a ghost that she can't see and look. Kleenex and my clothing line the room.

"Don't drink it won't help you," I take it from her hands and her eyes light up again.

"I-I'm not imagining you?" I walk towards her pressing our lips together. My hands grab her hips and she throws her arms around my neck. "You came home," she sighs into my shoulder. "I haven't cuddled you in like two weeks," she sighs on my shoulder. Realization hits and she gasps jumping up and moving away from me.

"I was enjoying that," I chuckle as she opens the door to each child's room and squeals quickly when she closes them again. She runs jumping on me and slowly pressing her lips on mine.

"I love you so much," she pulls away and hops down.

"I love you more then words can express." I smile connecting our hands. She yawns and cuddles against me. "Go to bed beautiful, you have work tomorrow." I swoop her legs off of the ground and lay her on the bed.

"Y-you have to come lay with me, a-and p-p-please don't leave me again," she pouts letting her bottom lip tremble.

"I promise," I nod laying in the bed next to her. The grip I hold around her waist is different. After being apart for so long the bond you feel is one much stronger.

"Goodnight my love," she turns to face me tangling our legs and holding around my wait. "I love you," she sighs.

"I love you too," I smile kissing her forehead. "And I missed you," I smile as her eyes closed.

"I missed you too," she sighs. "I missed you loads," she snuggles further against me.

"Tomorrow I'm going to spend the whole day with  Angle and Ellie while we wait for you to get back from work." I kiss her head.

"I'm in meetings all day tomorrow," she groans. "It sucks cause I wanted to spend my time with you," she pouts and cuddles me again. "Got any good headline ideas," she yawns.

"How about," I pause. "Sleep it's healthy," I tease her.

"I missed your sarcastic sense of humour." She sighs and closes her eyes.

"Goodnight," I chuckle as she falls asleep.

"Goodnight,"