Chapter two

"Did you sleep well," I ran my hands threw his soft chocolate hair. "Mhm," he nodded. "How's your voice feel?" I sat up. "Shitty," he croaked. "I'm sorry baby. I wish I could help," I kissed him gently. 'You just did,' he signed. I smiled slightly standing up. "Come on," I held my hands out for him. "You have to be at the studio at ten thirty." I dragged his limp body into his closet. He pouted trudging along with me. I started looking for an outfit for him to wear. "How about this?" I held out some jeans and a white dressy shirt. "I'm just going to the studio," he had a voice app which would talk for him while he couldn't. "Yeah I know. This is for me." He rolled my eyes making me laugh. "How about this." I gave him a flannel and a pair of jeans. "Alright. Should I wear a shirt?" The phone spoke. I raised my hand as if I were gonna slap him in the face. Be ducked his head moving and quickly typing. "I'm kidding I'm kidding." I laughed grabbing his face in my hands to kiss him. The monitor erupted with Easton's cries which had gotten louder and admittedly I was happy about. "I'll be right back." I pecked his lips again before going towards his room. "Hey hey hey Shh baby. It's ok." I turned the light on picking him up. His cries quieted down. "Are you gonna hang out with grandpa and uncle today?" He sucked his thumb. "Yeah?" I looked at his tired face. I walked towards his closet getting out his clothes. "Jeans and a flannel?" I looked at him for reassurance. He clapped his hands. "Alright then," I lay him on his changed table fixing him a. New diaper before changing him into his outfit. "Just like your daddy," I smiled to myself before taking him off of the change table and walking towards our room. "Wanna take him for a minute?" I held him out to Shawn. He nodded taking Easton from my arms while I went to change. I threw on his white dress shirt and some yoga pants. I took Easton and we stood in front of the body length mirror. "Good?" I looked at him threw the glass. Shawn appeared behind us as I watched. "Should I match too?" I held Easton so he faced me. He clapped his hands and smiled widely. I laughed setting him on the ground while I changed. I swooped him off of the floor holding him in my arms in front of the mirror. "You look to sexy to be a mom," Shawn's phone spoke while he nipped my ear. "Shawn," I hit him gently making him laugh. "So tomorrow's your big day," he teased. "And I'm not gonna get anything from you or anyone else." I pointed a finger. "Sure," he rolled his eyes. "Shawn," I begged. "Fine. Only a small gift," he pecked my lips. "Gotta go love you bye," he ran down the stairs. "Shawn Peter Raul Mendes get your ass over here,"  I chased after him still holding Easton. "I don't want anything and I will not accept any gifts." I cupped his chin with one hand pecking his lips. "I love you too. Have fun. Don't talk too much," I kissed his neck. "Alright," he signed walking out the door. I watched as he left.

M: he left let me know when your here
Sam: sure thing

I closed my phone slipping it into the back pocket of my jeans. "Want some breakfast?" I opened the pantry looking for some baby food. "This?" I held it up. "Yeah." I poked his sides. I smiled carrying him to his high chair setting him in it and putting a bib around his neck. "You look just like daddy." I laughed opening the food. "Open," I scooped some out of the food and feeding it to him. "No don't spit," I wiped the food from his mouth. The doorknob jiggled and Sammy and Jack walked in. "Who's that?" I put my arms out turning to Easton. "Is that grandpa and uncle Sammy?" They walked over. "Hey buddy," they smiled at him. "Alright so Shawn's at the studio and we're doing what again?" Sammy wiped Easton's face while I put his food away getting him some water and his medicine. "We're going shopping." I smiled bringing Easton his medicine and water. "Here you go," I gave him the medicine and he winced as if it were sour. "I know baby. It's yucky isn't it," I pouted. He put the cup right into his mouth sucking out the water. "There you go," I laughed. "So what are we shopping for and is there anyway I can get out of going," Sammy took off Easton's bib and took him out of his high chair. "Matching I see?" Sammy chuckled giving me Easton. "Yeah the whole family's matching," I held him on my hip as I began putting things away. "But that still doesn't answer my question." Sammy sat on the chair. "Well what was the question?" Jack was getting Easton's car seat. "What are we getting and how can I get out of it." He repeated in a duh tone. "Yeah. What are we shopping for?" Jack walked down. "Well," I nervously bit my lip as I began strapping Easton into his seat. "There's absolutely no way you can get out of this." I chewed the inside of my cheeks. "And we're shopping for?" Jack motioned for me to finish the sentence. "Shawn's birthday present," I had teeth marks in my lips from how hard my teeth sunk in. "Do you know what you wanna get him?" Sammy led us out to the car. "Yeah," I chewed my lip. "And what would that be?" Jack noticed my stalling. I breathed a heavy breath as I put Easton's stroller in the trunk. "A ring?" I chewed my hair.