Chapter forty

Slowly I fluttered my eyes open turning my head slightly to see nothing more than Shawn's bare chest. It gently rose and fell with a steady pattern mirroring his breathing. I smiled closing my eyes yet again and savouring the few moments I had left. "Bye mommy bye daddy," the boys yelled slamming the door shut. I smiled again holding a tighter grip around his waist. "Bye aunt Maddy. Bye uncle Shawn," Addi walked through the door. "Bye Maddy bye Shawn." Aaliyah slammed it yet again. "Morning darling," I whispered kissing his cheek. "Good morning baby," he lifted me on top of him. "Did you sleep well?" I smiled down. "Yeah," he nodded. "Did you?" His gaze landed on my lips. "For the most part, Ellie woke up a few times." I shrugged. "I could've gotten her," he smiled gently kissing my lips. "I know," I smiled. "But I got her anyways," I kissed him yet again letting my lips sit a little longer this time. "Speaking of Ellie," he chuckled at the loud screams that came from the monitor. "I've got her," he flipped us so he lay on top before he pushed me down again to run towards Ellie's room. I smiled sinking back into the bed. "I think our princess is hungry," he pouted laughing slightly. "Come here." I held my arms open wrapping the feeding pillow around my stomach. "I checked her diaper already," he answered the unspoken question. She calmed instantly as she started eating. Her gentile brown eyes stared blankly at my chest. "Do you remember our first date?" He smiled. "Yeah," I blushed at the memory. "You were so nervous." He smiled. "I know," I blushed harder. "I didn't want to do something embarrassing." I looked down. "Well even if you had done anything more embarrassing that what you did I wouldn't have cared because I loved you. You were so cute." He pushed my hair back. "You are cute," he corrected. "We're going out with Summer and JJ today," I informed handing Elliot to him as he insisted on burping her. If I can't feed her I'm gonna burp her, he'd insist every time. "Ok," he nodded. "But before that our parents are coming over," I pointed. "Alright," he chuckled laying Elliot down on the bed. She still had very little controls over her movements, yet still her small arms reached for Shawn as he set her down. He smiled lifting her back up. "You don't like being put down?" He smiled. Her head gently laid on his shoulder. "She's tired," I giggled brushing my hands the his hair. "Come on. Let's go eat and get dressed," I hugged his bicep. "Ok. Let's go," his soft lips touched my forehead. "I wanna get dressed first." I moved away from him. "Get me something?" He pouted. "Alright," I chuckled walking into our shared closet. Quickly I slipped into my choice of jeans and T-shirt before looking around for something for Shawn to wear. Finally I decided on giving him a pair of jeans and his obey sweatshirt to wear with it. I walked out looking at him and Elliot. They lay on the bed one on top of the other (Elliot being on top) as they slept. I chuckled simply. "Shawn. Baby wake up," I giggled kissing his cheek. "Our parents will be here soon," I gently let my fingers run through his hair. "Baby wake up," I kissed his nose. "Come on Elliot," I lifted her from his chest. "Grandma and grandpa are gonna be here soon," I carried her down the stairs to start cooking. "Maddy," he skipped down the stairs. "Why'd you take her," he pouted. "Because you weren't waking up," I retorted. "Well I'm awake now," he scoffed taking her from my embrace. "Just don't fall asleep again," I chuckled kissing his cheek. "Whatever," he rolled his eyes setting Elliot in the high chair that we had for her. It had the backing so her head could lean back against it when we weren't holding her, and if we wanted we could lean it back letting her fall asleep against the smooth material. Which she usually did. "After our parents leave we're gonna go downtown Toronto with Summer JJ and Jake," I set in front of him a plate and a cup of coffee. "Alright," he nodded. "Thank you love," he cupped my face in his hand kissing my cheek. I looked towards Elliot who had fallen asleep in the chair. "I can't believe this," he smiled. "I got you and my boys and we got our little girl," his fingers intertwined with mine as he sighed of content. "We have the perfect family." He looked towards Ellie. "No. It's beyond perfect," he shook his head. "I love you guys so much." He gently kissed my forehead. "I can't speak for the boys," I teased. "But I love you too," I let go of his hand as we began to eat our food. "So," he helped me wash the dishes. "I was thinking that in a few months," he added very warily looking towards Ellie. "We should go on a family vacation," he kissed my neck. "Or," he trailed on letting his hands explore my body. "Or what?" I bit my lip. "Maybe the two of us could do something. Just us," he whispered the last part into my ear. "Mhm," I grabbed onto his hands. "Maybe we could," Ellie's cries erupted as the doorbell rang. "It scares her," I sighed walking towards the door as Shawn tended to Elliot. "Hi," I smiled over the noise at our parents. "Hello," they smiled. Shawn tried hushing her but still her cries wouldn't stop. "Maddy?" He walked from the kitchen to me. "Your better at this than I am," he pouted continuing to bounce and attempt quieting her down. "Hey," I took her from his arms. "Don't cry," I pouted hugging her. Her cries quieted but still they rang through the house room for room. "You try," I shrugged. "Princess," he pouted kissing the baby's head. "Elliot," he sighed as her cries raged on. "Is it her diaper?" I quickly apologized to our parents as they sat and waited. "I checked." He sighed. "Your alright," he kissed her forehead yet again making her clam more and more. Soon enough she slept again and her crying had stopped. "Hi," our parents smiled. "Hi," we smiled back.

A/N

I feel really bad an guilty because I forgot to give MaddieMendes98 credit for the new names(ex. Jake Masson) and to Hannah1Walls and thirstyyjohnson for the boys and girls names. Thanks for reading and supporting my book. Love you guys. Sorry for the short update I'll write the rest of the chapter and try and get that up tomorrow.