Chapter sixteen

My head rested on top of his chest while my eyes slowly fluttered open. "Did you sleep well princess?" He kissed my forehead. "Were you watching me?" I ignore his question looking up at him. "Only because your cute when you sleep," he contemplated. "But that still doesn't answer my question." "What was the question?" I kissed his bare shoulder. "Did you sleep well?" He kissed my forehead. "I did actually. For the first time," I shot up after saying that instantly scared. "What's wrong?" He sat up with me putting his hand on my back. "Oh thank god," I fell back down on the bed as I felt a gentile kick. "What happened?" He breathed laying back down pulling my head onto his chest. "I didn't think it was moving. Meaning-" he cut me off. "We would've lost it," he swallowed. "Yeah." I nodded. "Well I'm glad we didn't." He kissed my lips going down my chest and towards my stomach. "Don't scare us like that baby. We thought we were gonna loose you." He sighed peppering my skin with kisses. "I don't know what I would've done if we lost you," he ran his hand gently over my skin. "We haven't even met you yet." He croaked. "How is it that every time it talk to you I want to cry?" He wiped his eyes. "It's ok baby," I smiled bringing his head to mine. "I'm gonna go take a quick shower." He let out a loud breath before standing up. "I'll be back in a minute." He gave my lips a quick kiss before exiting the room to go towards the bathroom. Since I had some time to kill I just went on my phone deciding to call Shawn's dad to see how Easton was doing. "Hello," I could feel his smile. "Hi," I smiled back. "How's-" he cut me off. "Easton's fine. Everything is going well. He sleeps fine and he says that he hopes you guys have fun," his dad reassured. "Thank you. I just wanted to make sure." I nodded. "It's alright. He's doing fine." He repeated. "How about you guys?" I smiled. "We are doing well thank you." He seemed happy. "Alright well I'll let you go then. Have a nice day." I smiled. "Same to you," he ended the call. "You know you have a really really good daddy." I ran my hand over my bump. "And he loves you a lot." I smiled. "A lot more than you understand." The door squeaked opened. "A lot more than anyone will understand. Anyone except your mommy and you older brother." He smiled walking in a kneeling in front of me. "Because they're the only two people in this world that I love as much as I love you." He finished. "What about your parents and yours sister?" I cocked my head to the side. "I love them but in different ways." He smiled gently kissing my head. "What should we do today? Go for a walk around the city? Hang out at the beach?" I listed. "Let's walk around the city for a bit. But only if you're ok with that." He was always worried about me walking for too long. "It's fine Shawn." I smiled slightly. "Then we should get dressed." I sat up. "Your probably right," He looked himself up and down seeing he was wearing only a towel. I smiled to myself before getting up to get an outfit for the day. He watched as I got dressed. "Stop staring babe. It's weird," I hadn't turned my head to him yet. "I'm not staring. I'm admiring. There's a difference." He added. "Well whatever your doing stop." I started feeling very insecure. "Why? Your so beautiful I can't not stare-admire," he smiled. "Well your 'admiring'," I made air quotations. "Is making me feel uncomfortable so will you find someone else to stare at?" I rolled my eyes. "Nope. Your the only one I see." He walked behind me. "Don't be afraid." He whispered. "It's just me. And I promise I won't hurt you." His fingers laced in mine giving a sense of warmth and protection. "Whatever." I playfully rolled my eyes. His soft lips started sucking harshly at my skin. I inhaled a sharp breath. "Shawn. What are you doing?" I bit my lip. "Sorry," he stopped and backed away slightly. "What's wrong?" I pouted walking back towards him. "I just want things back to normal. That's all," he sighed. "I used to be able to do that and the only thing I'd get in response would be moans, showing me I was doing something right. And now all I get is shivers and whimpers. And it's almost been a year that your back." He sighed. "Is there something that happened out there that you didn't tell me?" He looked sympathetic and also very upset he had to bring it up. But he also really wanted answers and I knew I had to give them to him. I bit my lip sitting down on the bed. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I just wanted to see, but I guess there was other stuff." He sighed as he finished getting dressed. "Let's stay in today and I'll tell you. The whole story." I smiled a broken smile. "Maddy," his hand met my shoulder. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so sorry princess. Your happiness means the world to me and I just broke it." He sighed. "No Shawn you were right. There was a lot I didn't tell you but you deserve to know." I nodded. "Come'er," he held his arms out for me. He wrapped his body around mine while my hand played with the small hairs on the back of his neck. "I'm sorry Shawn." I put my head against his shoulder. "It's alright." He kissed my head. "So so sorry." I let a couple tears slip down my face. As they fell they landed on his shoulder. "No baby don't cry." He lifted my head with two fingers. "Don't cry," he looked like he was gonna cry too. I leaned up pressing my lips onto his. Slowly he pulled away. "Let's go downstairs." He grabbed my hand. "Alright," I nodded. I walked next him down the stairs. "Your doing great princess," he reassured running his hand over my back. "So." I started.