19. All That Happened

Start from the beginning

Yash: We are lucky. The rooms I booked were the last two available. This resort is fully packed in this season. Do you know Prince Charles stayed here?

Shilpa, Jyoti and Abhimanyu: Wow! Really!

Abhimanyu: What's the occasion, Yash? You got all of us to this beautiful place.

Yash: None. Seriously. Just wanted to come here with my friends.

Shilpa and Jyoti: Thank you, Yash.

Abhimanyu: Thank you.

Girls quickly walk to the reception in lobby with their backpacks. Yash unhooks the backpacks on his bike and gives Abhimanyu his.

Abhimanyu: You could have taken money from me if you were booking rooms in a five-star.

Yash: It's not like you were going to pay from your pocket. Any money you gave would have been your dad's. I am aware that your dad's pockets aren't deep enough to pay for your stay in a luxurious hotel. It's more than what you get for a month's expenditure.

Abhimanyu gulped saliva in his throat at his dad being mentioned so poor.

Abhimanyu: Still..

Yash: Would you have agreed to come if I told we will stay in a world class resort?

Abhimanyu: No.

Yash: That's why. I wanted you to come here with me. I booked two luxury pavilion rooms and they are not laced along lake like those expensive villas that you see. They are the cheapest rooms here and I got them at a decent price considering how beautiful this resort is. He said soaking the beautiful view of resort.

Yash: Let's go in. Girls must be waiting for us to check in. Then we have to go for dinner also.

Abhimanyu: I'm already starving.

             Yash checks in one room and Shilpa in the other. Receptionist gives the key to guest room 102 to Shilpa and 108 to Yash.

Shilpa: Where are we going for dinner?

Yash: We are already very late for dinner. We didn't even have a proper lunch today. There is no time to change and freshen up now. Shilpa and I will go and drop the bags in our rooms. Abhimanyu, you and Jyoti take my cell phone and use the WiFi connection of the hotel to search a restaurant nearby for dinner. The WiFi connection is always better in lobby than room.

                Shilpa takes Jyoti's bag and Yash takes Abhimanyu's bag before heading to the guest rooms while Abhimanyu and Jyoti sit in lobby googling restaurants nearby. Yash and Shilpa are quickly back to the reception area.

Abhimanyu: All the restaurants are far. By the time we'll reach they'll be about to close and might even refuse to serve us.

Shilpa: What do we do now?

Jyoti: They must be have one inside the resort.

Shilpa goes to ask receptionist who tells them that they do have one and they must hurry as it closes at 10 pm.

Yash knew about it but wanted to avoid dining there as it was very expensive.

Abhimanyu sees Yash a little hesitant and understands how he had already paid so much for the rooms and now a dinner for four in a fine restaurant was too much.

Abhimanyu: Okay guys, everybody's dinner is on me. He announced.

Yash: No, you are not allowed to take it on you. He immediately reacted.

Yash: My dear friend, you have no idea how much dinner can cost in a restaurant here. I don't want you to get in trouble with your dad because of me.