28. She Still Loves Me

Chapter 28: She Still Loves Me

Jake's POV

Little tingles spread across my face. What is that? I slightly open my eyes to see Vanessa's lips pressing against my cheeks and jawline. She traces the outline of my face with little kisses and I smile before fluttering my eyes open.

"I wish I could wake up to that every day." I flirt and smirk.

She blushes and smiles. "Good morning."

I capture her lips with mine and for a second she's shocked, but she soon melts into me. I pull away and she whimpers softly from the lack of contact and I smile. I push a piece of hair away from her face and press my forehead to hers.

"I love you." I whisper softly.

"I love you too." She answers. She curls up in a ball and snuggles closer to my bare chest. Her hands rest on my chest and her head leans on me. I protectively wrap an arm around her waist and trace patterns on her back. I hear her sigh softly and I press a kiss to the top of her head.

I love her. I love her with all my heart. I told her everything yesterday and she didn't judge me regarding anything I told her. I poured my heart out to her about Crystal, Genevieve, and Hunter, yet she still didn't judge me. She still loves me. And I swear, that's a fucking miracle.

I smooth down her hair and I know she's not asleep, but her eyes are closed. I hum lullabies softly in her ear.

"Jake?" She mumbles against my chest.

"Hmm?"

"Can we stay like this forever?"

"I wish." I sigh.

"Thank you." She whispers, barely audible.

"For what?"

"For being you. And for opening up to me." I smile and she lifts her head to look at me. Her brown orbs twinkle and I see love in her eyes. She smiles back at me and I kiss the top of her forehead.

"Thank you for listening. I love you so much." She gives me a soft smile and unfolds from her ball.

"Do you wanna go out today? Or do you want to stay in? My mom is out for today and Violet is coming tomorrow."

"Can we stay in?" I ask. She nods and gets up. I grab her by the waist and pull her back towards me so that her back is against my chest. She giggles.

"At least let me shower."

"Can I join?" I smirk. She rolls her eyes and gets up to go to her bathroom.

I lay on her bed for a while and stare at the ceiling. I sit up and grab my phone from the bedside table.

2 Missed Calls (Mom)

I call my mom back and she picks up.

"Hello?" She says on the other end.

"Hey mom."

"Jake!" She screams. "Where on Earth have you been? I wake up and you are nowhere to be seen! You didn't leave a note or anything!"

"Sorry... I had to talk to Hunter."

"In the middle of the night?!"She shrieks. I don't respond. "Where are you now?" She asks, worried.

"At Vanessa's. I spent the night. I had to tell her everything, mom. She trusted me with her past, so I had to tell her."

"You love her?"

"Very much."

"Alright." She sighs. "Next time leave a note." I smile.

"Bye mom. Love you."

"Love you too." 

I hang up and Vanessa comes out in a sports bra and spandex shorts. Her wet hair is in a towel with a few pieces framing her face. Her toned stomach is on display and she looks at me innocently. I try not to glance at certain parts of her beautiful body and smile at her.

"What do you want to do?" she asks.

"Aren't you going to wear something on top?"

She nods no and shrugs.

"Its summer. Give me some slack." I eye her warily. "What? Can't resist?" I look away and don't respond. She laughs. "Fine."

I turn back towards her to see her in my t-shirt. I grin at her and she rolls her eyes and sits on my lap.

"Movie Marathon?" I ask.

"Fair enough. Freshen up. I'll make breakfast."

"We'll make breakfast." I correct. She smiles and walks out of the room.

~*~

"How does it taste?" I ask.

"Good." She smiles as she tastes the pancake batter.

Some batter lingers on her bottom lip. I smirk as I walk towards me. She tilts her head to the side in confusion.

She's so damn cute.

"You got some batter there." I point to her lip.

"Can you get it?" She asks.

I crash my lips to her and she's shocked for a moment before giving into the kiss. Her hands travel up my neck and stay intertwined in my dark locks. I hold her precious face in my hands and she grips my hair tighter as I deepen the kiss. I lick her bottom lip for entrance and she gladly opens. She fights me for dominance, but I win, obviously. My tongue explores her mouth and she moans against my lips. I place her on the counter and stand between her legs. My hands roam her sides and I moan as she massages my neck. We break for air and I start kissing down her neck. I leave a trail of soft kisses on her collarbone and suck on certain parts. I nibble on her skin and she throws her head back and moans. I smirk and kiss up her neck and meet her lips again.

She pulls me towards her even more and pulls away. She kisses down my jawline and down my neck. Her tongue dances on my collarbone and I groan as she nibbles on my ear. She comes back to my lips and nibbles on my bottom lip. She takes the dominance this time  and I moan. I pull back and see her lips to be swollen and there is a newfound love bite on her neck.

"I gave you a hickey." I point out and she blushes. "I love it." I smirk.

She giggles and pulls me back towards her.

~~~~~~~~~
a/n

Vote and comment! :)