16. Don't You Believe in Second Chances and All That Shit?

Chapter 16: Don't You Believe in Second Chances and All That Shit?

"He won't leave me alone!" I complain to Carly.

"I know. He's always at your locker and he's taking up my time with you." She pouts.

"Hunter needs to take a hint. Do I have to sing the Victorious song for him to finally leave me alone?" I groan and see Jake strolling towards us. I smile and see James coming too. I wink at Carly and she shakes her head. 

"What are we talking about?" Jake asks.

"Not much. Just girl stuff." I reply quickly.

The warning bell rings and we all part for our separate classes.

~*~

The bell finally rings and we rush into the halls and towards the cafeteria. I go through the lunch line and meet Jake at the table. He gives me a kiss on the cheek and I set my food down.

"How was your first half of the day?" I ask.

"Normal. But 2 guys got in a fight during english which was pretty funny." He shrugs. "What about you?"

"Same old, same old. I'm ready for the end of the school year."

"I agree." He responds.

"Anything knew with you and Adam?" I ask Carly.

"Not really. He's super sweet. I really like him." She blushes and I smile.

"Well, I can tell that he is a good guy." I reply.

I see James get up and leave as we continue talking about Adam. I try not to laugh out loud, but it's obvious why he left. 

I get a notification and see a text from the queen bitch.

Lola: meet me in the bathroom. East wing. Now.

"You good, Vanessa?" Carly asks me.

"Ya." I say, slightly confused as to why she texted me. "Lola texted me."

"What?" 

"Ya, she says to meet her. Now."

"You aren't going to go, right?" Jake asks me, slightly worried.

"Why would she text me if it wasn't serious?" I say back.

"She is always bad news." Carly responds.

I shrug. "She wouldn't blatantly text me if she wanted to torment me." I get up and head towards the bathroom. 

I walk in and see Lola standing in front of the mirror, fixing her makeup.

"Why did you want to see me?" I ask and look at her through the mirror. 

"I have something to say to you." She says vaguely.

"Ok?" I tap my foot on the ground impatiently. "You're taking away time from my lunch."

"Would you just listen?" She raises her voice. I don't say anything and let her talk.

"I wanted to apologize." 

I'd be lying if I said my jaw didn't drop a little.

"I realize that I crossed the line."

"Ya, all the damn time."

"And I'm sorry. I let my anger rule my actions and I'm sorry about that."

"What makes you want to say sorry now?" I ask, very curious.

"I was wrong to threaten your relationship, especially when I'm in some sort of relationship with James."

"Look, Lola, I appreciate the fact that you apologized, but what you still did was wrong."

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. I just wanted to get it off my chest."

I inhale sharply and turn towards her.

"There has got to be a real reason for this." I say, trying to process what just happened.

"Honestly, there isn't. I've been a real bitch lately, to you and my own friends."

"No kidding." She sighs and looks into my chocolate eyes.

"Can we be friends?" I narrow my eyes at her suggestion and open my mouth to say something.

"How can you expect us to be friends after everything that has happened?"

"Don't you believe in second chances and all that shit?"

"Lola, I've given you quite a few chances, but you didn't take the hint. That wasn't my problem. Maybe you have changed, maybe you haven't, but I'm not willing to risk another friendship with you becuase you suddenly made this confession."

She doesn't say anything, just looks at the floor.

"Honestly, I don't know where we stand now, but we are far from friends. You can try to earn my friendship all you want, but I can't promise anything."

"Will you at least let me try to earn your trust?"

"You can try." I shrug. "Look, I have to go back to my table, but I do hope that one day we can have a civil conversation and put everything behind us." I say and with that, I leave the bathroom.

I walk over to my table to see that James has returned and Carly is talking to Jake. I sit down next to Jake and Carly looks at me curiously.

"Spill the tea." She says and leans in.

"She apologized and asked to be friends."

"And you said yes?"

"Of course not! I said that she can try to earn it, but i can't promise anything."

"Was she serious?"

"She looked pretty serious. Apparently her friends started to get annoyed with her bitchy attitude."

"Not surprised." My best friend matters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

Sorry about the short chapter! I will make the next one longer than usual! Work with me! Check my update!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3K READS! Share with your friends!