19: She Starts Licking My Face

Chapter 19: She Starts Licking My Face

Jake's POV

Today is Vanessa's birthday. She's been avoiding me ever since we ran into Hunter. I want to talk to her today, but I don't want to ruin her birthday. Vanessa is so sweet and kind, but she won't even look at me. Hunter must have said something. James said that he hung out with her and something was clearly bothering her but she wouldn't say anything. I don't want an asshole such as Hunter to ruin her 18th birthday. Thankfully, today is Saturday so she won't have to see Hunter unless he remembers that it's her birthday. The guy is so annoying!

I text Vanessa.

Me: Happy Birthday!!! What do you want to do today?

Vanessa: Anything you want.

Me: Ok... I have a gift for you. Come over. It's pretty big.

Vanessa: Ok. I'll be over in 20. Guess what?

Me: what?

Vanessa: MY MOM GOT ME A CAR!!!!!!

Me: THAT'S AMAZING!

Vanessa: I'll drive over and show you.

She's definitely in a good mood today, and she should be. It's her birthday!

Vanessa's POV

I drive over to his house and ring his doorbell.

Jake opens the door and I see a little puppy in his arms with bows in its hair.

I gasp. "Oh my god! She's so cute!"

He smiles.

"Can you hold her for a little bit?"

"Sure." He hands me the puppy. She starts licking my face. I laugh and follow Jake as he goes to his room. He grabs something and heads back out to my car.

"Hey Vanessa." James says as he comes out of the house.

"Hey."

"Happy Birthday!" He comes over to me and kisses my cheek.

"Thanks." I smile and turn to Jake.

"Keys?"

I throw my keys to him and he opens the trunk. Jake throws something into the trunk and closes it. I get a text.

Hunter: Happy Birthday! ;)

I ignore it. Jake walks back over to me and smiles. I hold out the puppy for him to take and he chuckles.

"What?" I ask.

"This little girl," he pets the little puppy. "is my birthday gift to you."

My eyes widen and a grin is plastered on my face. "Seriously?!"

"Seriously." I set the dog down and jump into his arms. I wrap my legs around his waist and wrap my arms around his neck. He holds me up and laughs. I look at his beautiful blue eyes. I pull him into a deep kiss. I can feel a smile form against my lips and he kisses me back. My heart melts as I kiss the best boyfriend in the world.

"Ugh! Come on! Get a room!" James groans once he sees us. I pull back and laugh.

"Go drop the stuff off and get the puppy comfortable. Her name is Bella. Don't worry, she's already potty-trained. Come back because I have an amazing day planned for all of us."