17. Shut Up!

Chapter 17: Shut Up!

I see Hunter heading my way down the hall and I roll my eyes. "Hunter! I thought you weren't coming back till next week!" I say sarcastically.

"Nope!" I close my locker and face him.

"Why are you here?" I cut to the chase.

"I heard that the bitch who ruined your life is trying to be friends with you. Please tell me that's not true." He actually sounded like he cared for me. Lies.

"It is. Now leave."

"But I just came!" I pouts.

"Exactly my point." I say, bluntly. "Why do you care?"

"I want to make sure you're safe."

I stare blankly at him. "Shut up." I leave for first period.

~ * ~

"I heard Jake made a bet with James." I turn around to see Hunter again.

I groan. "Leave me alone!" I continue walking to the cafeteria for lunch. I speed up.

"So, the bet is that James can't have sex with Lola."

"I know all about the bet!" I throw my hands up in the air. "Please for God's sake, leave me alone!" God! He's clingier than usual.

"Oh come on! Don't you want to hear the bet James made with Jake?" He asks, being persistent as usual.

"No! I don't care! Now let me eat my lunch in peace!" The minute I enter the cafeteria, Hunter's gone.

I walk over to my table and sit down after I get my lunch. I sigh.

"Something bothering you?" Jake asks.

"No. I'm fine."

"You realize that there's a whole scale right? The scale goes great, good, okay, not okay, I hate you, and then there's I'm fine." He says. James laughs.

"Honestly, I'm fine. Nothing to worry about." I say

"You sure?" Jake asks.

"Positive." I smile. "Can we hang out after school today? I'm trying to get rid of someone."

"Lola?"

"No." I look at Carly and she automatically knows I'm talking about Hunter. Did I mention that she moved with me when I tried to get rid of Hunter?

"Oh! Ya, we can hang out." Carly says.

"Who are talking about?" James asks.

"Someone from my past. It's complicated." I change the subject. "Movies?"

"Sure." Jake says.

"I'm driving. I'll pick you up at 7." I say to them. And with that, lunch ended.

~*~

"For starters, that wasn't that bad of a movie. I thought it was going to be much worse." Carly says after we exit the movie theater.

"True, considering the fact it was about a guy who was stuck on Mars for over a year." I add.

"I'm hungry... who wants dinner?" James asks. We all hesitate at first but he adds, "I'll pay."

"Let's go." Carly and I say at the same time. We all laugh and head to a restaurant across the street.

We go to Red Lobster and order a large Lobster Pizza to share.

"So, how's it going with Lola?" Jake asks James.

"Oh yeah, the bet." Carly says. "How is that little slut." I glare at her. "Oh right! You're giving her a second chance!" She says sarcastically.