29. The Boyfriend I Never Had

My eyes slowly open and I groan as I look at the clock. Oh crap. It's 3 pm and Violet is supposed to be here. I look around frantically and try to get up but a heavy arm holds me down. I smile and twist my body to see a half-asleep Jake. My cheeks blush a crimson red because he's shirtless, but he looks like an angel. I twist back to my original position and carefully lift his arm off of me. It flops back down and he pulls me closer into his bare chest.

"Stay..." he says groggily. His morning voice is so sexy.

"Violet is going to be here any minute. Come on Jake." I say without turning around.

"No." He says stubbornly and wraps his arm around my waist. I giggle and go to get out of bed but he rolls me over and I end up on top of him. He holds me up and smiles. I gaze into his eyes for a bit and it looks like he's searching for something in my eyes. He seems to do that a lot.

"Hey, Nessa. I was wondering if--" Violet bursts through the door and pauses when she sees us in this very awkward position. "Nevermind." She says and backs away awkwardly. I roll over and off the bed and Jake chuckles while I yell for Violet.

"Wait! Violet! Come back!"

She hesitantly opens the door and slowly creeps in. She looks between me and Jake before widening her eyes.

"You didn't--" she exclaims.

Jake interrupts her with a chuckle. "No we didn't. Don't worry. Nessa won't be the new Lola." He says and smirks. I'm assuming James told Jake the news after Lola confessed.

She sighs in relief and sits in my desk chair.

"How are you guys?" She asks us.

Jake sits up, resting his back on the headboard and pulls me into his chest. He wraps his arms around me and Violet smiles at us.

"We're good. What about you and Reese? And the little one on the way?" I look at her baby bump and she rubs the spot while smiling.

"Actually, I have twins. I don't want to know their gender, so I didn't ask. Morning sickness is normal and mood swings are a regular but it's all worth it in the end."

"Are you excited?" I ask, obviously knowing the answer.

"I couldn't be more excited!" She exclaims in joy.

"Thought of any names?" Jake asks.

"Yes, actually. Reese and I have a few potential names for the baby. If they are girls: Ashlynn, Evelyn, Karina, Leanna, or Veronica."

"I think you should do Veronica." I say and smirk.

"All the Smith daughters have names starting with V's. Change it up a bit!" Jake teases.

We laugh and Violet continues. "If they are boys: Grayson, Caleb, Brayden, Colton, or Tristan."

"I like Tristan." Jake and I say at the same time.

Violet laughs. "I like Tristan too."

"If you have a boy and a girl, what would you name them?" I ask.

"I would want them to be Ashlynn and Tristan." She answers.

"And if you get 2 boys?" Jake asks.

"Tristan and Colton."

"And two girls?"

"Ashlynn and Karina. But those are my personal favorites. I know that Reese likes Ashlynn and Tristan but I don't know about Colton and Karina. We might have to compromise on that."

I unwrap Jake's arm from me and get off the bed.

"I'm going to get ready." I tell Violet. "I'll be down in a bit." She nods and walks out the door. Jake gets up and walks to my side.

"Do you have an extra toothbrush?" He asks. I nod and give him a spare toothbrush before picking out what I'm going to wear. "By the way, we are going out today. I have a surprise for you." He says and winks. He walks into the bathroom to pee and I think for a bit.

What's his surprise for me?

"Should I wear something cute or casual?" I ask as he washes his hands.

He comes out of the bathroom and kisses my cheek. "Everything looks good on you." I blush at his comment and open my drawers.

I lay out a white lace crop top and a pink flowy skirt on my bed and walk into my bathroom. I get my toothbrush and start brushing my teeth as he walks in behind me and does the same. I look in the mirror and cringe at my appearnce. My messy bun is all over the place, the bags under my eyes are very noticable, my lips are chapped, and I desperately need to wax my upper lip. Jake sees me cringe and he smiles.

"You don't look bad." He says after spitting out toothpaste.

"Liar."

He chuckles and I spit my toothpaste out before washing my face. He walks out of the bathroom and I follow behind him.

"You want a new shirt?" I ask. He nods. "I have one of your shirts you left a few weeks ago. You left in a sweatshirt and forgot to pick it up." I go to my closet and pull it out from the back. "I washed it for you."

He slides the shirt over his head and smiles. "Thank you." He kisses my cheek and goes downstairs whilst I change.

~*~

I get out of the car and smile. He brought me to where we had our first date, the lake. He takes a basket out from the trunk of the car and walks over to the exact spot we sat. He lays a blanket down and we sit down. He grabs a container with pasta and plates for both of us. He pulls out 2 glasses and Golden Star White Jasmine Sparkling Tea.

"It's like a non-alcholic substitute for champagne and I know you like tea." He points to the bottle. I laugh.

"Thank you."

"You look beautiful." He says. I blush and smile.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I say and chuckle. It's like we are recreating our first date.

"I brought pasta. I hope that's cool."

"Of course. Did you make this yourself?" I ask and laugh.

"Ya. Do you like it?" He winks.

"It's great." I say with charm.

"I'm glad you like it. It was the second time I ever cooked for anyone."

"Well, you're a natural." I smile and we burst out laughing. "Thank you, Jake. This is amazing." look around.

"There's more." His eyes brighten and get excited.

We walk to the side of the lake and walk on the board walk. I gasp as he flips a switch. Lights outline a gazebo type thing in the middle of the lake. Jake comes up from behind and wraps his arms around my waist. He kisses my cheek and I hold his hands in place. He spins me around and I put my arms around his neck. I look into his blue eyes and pull him into a kiss. He seems surprised at first, but quickly responds to the kiss. His hands rest on my waist and I pull myself closer to him so that he is pressed up against me. I run my hands through his hair and his grip on me tightens. I pull away and rest my head on his shoulder. My arms wrap around his neck again.

"Thank you. I love you." I mutter into his shoulder.

"Anything for you. And I love you too."

Jake is the best guy I could ask for. After all, he is The Boyfriend I Never Had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

THAT'S IT!!! I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!

EPILOGUE OR NO EPILOGUE?

LUV YA!

~ISH