Epilogue

13 years later

"Vanessa! I'm so glad you made it!" My sister comes running up to me and gives me a big bear hug. "How have you been? I feel like we haven't physically seen each other for years!"

I chuckle at her comment. "We saw each other last year."

"I know, but it feels like so much longer!" She holds my hand in her hands and smiles. The second she looks down her jaw drops.

"Is that?" She gapes at the rock on my fourth finger. I grin. "Oh my god! He proposed!" She pulls me into another hug and I laugh.

"Yes, he did!"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to tell you in person!" I smile and she laughs.

Jake comes up from behind me and kisses my cheek before wrapping his arms around me.

"Took you a while." Violet says to Jake.

"I wanted to ask her at the perfect time." He smiles and holds my hand.

"Oh my god! Give it back!" A voice screams, clearly annoyed, from across the yard.

We turn our heads to see Tristan running with something in his hands while Ashlynn runs after him.

"We officially have a teenager on our hands." Reese says as he comes up to join our conversation.

"Why? What do you have to hide?" Tristan teases. "A boyfriend?" He laughs and runs faster.

"I swear to god Tristan, give it back!" She sprints towards him and tackles him.

"Say mercy and I'll get off." She grits her teeth.

"Ow!" He cries out in pain as she twists his arm. "Fine!" He gasps. "Mercy! For Christ's sake, MERCY!"

She lets go and gets off him, smiling.

"Ashlynn, if your brother has a broken arm, you are paying for it." Violet says sternly.

"That's not fair!" She whines.

"You break it, you buy it." Violet shrugs and Ashlynn groans in annoyance.

Violet turns back to me. "Have you talked to Carly recently?"

"No, we kind of lost contact after sophomore year of college. I wonder what she's up to."

"Why don't you call her?" Reese suggests.

"I don't know..." I try to switch the subject. "Have you talked to James recently?" I ask Jake.

"Ya, a few weeks ago. He said he found a girl. Apparently she was 'right in front of him the whole time'. He didn't say a name, but I'm guessing it is someone from High School."

"Good for him!" I say and smile.

Carly and I split up after high school even though we tried to keep in contact. It's hard, ya know. We went in different directions and I guess that is just what life threw at us. Jake and I had some tough spots in our relationship, and at one point, we broke up for good. But, a year or so later, we found each other again and now we are here! Engaged and ready to start a family!

My life was pretty boring before I met Jake and James, let's face it. But, they changed my life for the better. Before, he was the boyfriend I never had. Now, he is the fiancé I never want to let go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

That's it! I hope you liked it! Vote and Comment! :)

Luv ya!

~ Ish ❤