8. Are Your Pee Nerves Calm Now?

Chapter 8: Are Your Pee Nerves Calm Now?

"I gotta go pee." I whisper to Carly.

"Hold it!" She whispers back.

"But--"

"Hold it! We have literally 2 min till this class ends. You can hold it for that long. Scratch the back of your calf to calm your pee nerves."

"Don't you think I tried that already? My pee nerves are as calm as they go!" I whisper scream.

Thankfully our AP Stats teacher is in like her 60's, so she can't hear Carly and me talk. This class is my second period class. My first class is IB Music SL.

As usual, we rush out of the room when the bell rings for lunch. Carly and I walked to our lockers to put our stuff away.

"I'm going to the bathroom before I wet myself. Come with?" I ask Carly.

"Not today. I need to find some money. I'm out."

"Ok. Stay here. "

Thankfully, the bathroom is right next to our lockers. I rush through the door and see an empty stall. I run to the stall and quickly closed the door. A few girls leave for lunch, leaving me alone. Once I finish, I wash my hands and I hear a familiar voice behind me.

"So, what's up? I haven't done-- I mean, talked to you for a while."

I look in the mirror to see Lola Grey standing behind me with her arms crossed and a wicked smirk staining her face.

"Don't you think you did enough, Lola? Get over yourself. What do you have against me?"

"Don't act like you don't know."

"I don't know!"

"We used to be friends in 8th grade. Then you left me and went for Carly. I was left alone and had to make new friends! You bitch!" She ends up yelling.

"That is a total lie. You left us so I stayed friends with Carly. You became more and more popular and eventually, I couldn't even talk to you. You had an attitude that I couldn't handle." I rebutt, trying to stay calm.

"It doesn't matter anymore. That is in the past and I have moved on."

"Have you? Have you really now? You are so freakin confusing! First you say you hate me because apparently I left you, which I did not, and you think I'm a bitch because I couldn't handle your bitchy attitude. Then you say that you are over it because it is quote on quote 'in the past'. Tell me, why do you hate me now?"

"You stole my boyfriend!"

"Excuse me? Last time I checked, you were always with James."

"For some reason he won't talk to me and avoids me." Lola pouts.

"That's not my problem! Jake was never your boyfriend. He has been single for the past few years. " I say camly

"I should be Jake's girlfriend, not you. You don't deserve him!" She goes back to shouting.

"And you do?" I raise my eyebrows and scoff. 

"I can give him things you can't. And, I am so much better than you."

"Selfish much?" I muttered under my breath.

"Excuse me?"

"I said--"

"I know what you said!" she interrupted.

"Listen, you need to get over this whole jealousy thing and---" This time, Lola's words don't interrupt me, her fist does. Her fist connects with my jaw for a quick second.