Princess, princess

Börja om från början

"I've been okay, to say the least. I've won a few prices", Ni says and shrugs rather innocently. "I had a good time back then, Li, and you can't tell me you've been extremely bad, because I know you weren't. You were just a little... uhm... too buff and klutzy, maybe? But perfect for hockey", he laughs and pats his mate's back reassuringly, who rolls his eyes but chuckles nonetheless.

"Why did you stop figure skating and went to... to the Tornados?", Harry asks in a small voice and cringes a little when the blond's eyes fall onto him. He didn't want to ask that, it just slipped and now it's too late, they're gonna mock him again and call him names, but no. No jeering, no shoving, nothing. Just Ni-Ni's sweet Irish lilt.

"What? Should've I chosen the Granites or what?", he earns a few scoffs and laughs for that reply from his team mates. Harry almost regrets asking, when the captain raises his voice again.

"Well... uhm. I wanted to try something new, I guess?", he answers more softly, shooting Harry a smile, shifting in his hockey uniform a little and Harry thinks it's okay. Ni-Ni is an okay guy, actually.

"Niall, you've also been a ice princess?", the Zayn one asks, skating in front of the captain, who lifts expectantly an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, and now? You want to bully me? Ice skating is pretty fucking difficult, wanna give it a try? You should be the girly princess here actually, with your long eyelashes and your hair obsession, shouldn't you, Malik?"

Zayn huffs. "Oh, shut up, Horan", he grumbles and frowns. "So. Care to prove that you were a skater? Because I can't really believe that. You and professional figure skating. Ridiculous."

Niall lifts now both of his eyebrows and grins widely. "Oi, Malik! You wanna see me twirling my ass?"

He simply earns another huff from Zayn for that and an eye roll from the other brunette one. 

"Hm, but actually... I'm a bit rusty but I think I could give it a try", Niall considers then and the others shout agreeably, making place for their captain. 

Niall quickly gets out of his hockey gear, so he can move more freely, he stretches his arms a little. 

Then he starts skating, at first trying some little twists and turns and jumps and it really does look as if he doesn't do that for the first time. Harry is impressed. Niall has actually talent and it looks as if there's really been a time where Niall was good at skating professionally.

Harry believes his words now. He always did, if he's being honest. Niall doesn't seem like a liar.

The hockey team stares at their captain skating so gracefully, who shouts now: 

"Hey Li, wanna join me? You think you're still able to do the bunny hop?", Niall laughs and skates round and round his hockey mate backwards, poking him into the side.

"Oh, fuck it, alright, but if you say one word about how bad I am, I will lynch you", Liam groans and also pulls himself out of the heavy gear and joins Niall on the ice, practising a bit before he actually does the bunny hop jumps and they're not half as bad as Liam predicted. 

"Awesome, Li! Knew you still have it down pat!", Niall chuckles. "Oh, haven't done figure skating in a long time... I mean we all do ice skating almost every day but this is different", he sighs happily and does another easy spin.

"Hey princess, go join 'em, I wanna see if you're better than Nially baby", Zayn exclaims and grabs Harry's arm, pulling him onto the icy surface towards Niall and Liam. 

"Oh, oh uhm... I have to...warm up first", he mumbles and Zayn pats his back. 

"Then do that, princess", the tanned boy says and smirks. The rest of the team slowly leaves one after another, not really interested in being here any longer than necessary.

Harry sighs but obliges Zayn anyway. He skates and jumps for a little while, when suddenly two hands are on his hips and there's a body behind him. He nearly slips, but the hands hold him upright.

"Let's dance a little, princess, yeah?", it's Niall, who grins at him cheekily and even dares to wink at him.

"I'm not a damn princess, okay?!", Harry complains and twists and hopes that Niall will let go but the blond doesn't, he follows Harry's moves smoothly and Harry should've known that Niall is good. But not that good. Kind of intimidating, but Harry knows he's better than this kid.

"Don't even try, baby, I've been on top of my class back then. I've won all the medals and prices and titles", Niall laughs while skating in front of Harry, taking the brunette's hand in his.

"Oh yeah? If you've been such a great figure skater, why did you stop? For ice hockey? For these... jerks?", Harry mutters, looking around but there is no one left but him and the blond.

He doesn't pull away from Niall's grip, he doesn't really want to because Niall's hand feels good in his and he wants to hold Niall's hand for a bit longer, the blond doesn't seem to mind much.

The Irishman just looks at him quizzically and grimaces a bit. "It kind of got too much, there was so much pressure... they wanted me to go all professional... Olympics and all that and I didn't want that. Just because I've won some smaller medals doesn't... I didn't want it.", he says in a whisper. "Also I'm not good all on my own, alone. I like being in a team. I love the guys. It's easier."

Harry nods silently. He isn't sure if he understands Niall's motives but he accepts it.

They skate slowly, hand in hand and Niall has light freckles on the bridge of his nose and his cheeks and his cheeks are dusted a cute pink and Harry thinks that yeah, Niall is pretty cute.

"Did you have a partner? Uhm! For figure skating, I mean!", Harry asks and Niall chuckles. 

"I did but she's been a real pain in the arse. Pretty to look at but god, so annoying. Didn't work with her for too long"

Harry nods again and frowns a little. "I could be your partner", he offers then, shooting the blond a smile.

"For ice skating you mean?", Niall grins cheekily. "Don't you have a partner already?"

"Uh, no. I skate alone.", Harry replies and shrugs, turning the both of them around, swirling Niall, who laughs out loud. "Usually"

"You're quite fun, Harry", Niall admits and puts his hands onto Harry's shoulders and Harry puts his own onto Niall's hips. The curly haired bloke starts skating while Niall just stands still and lets himself being pushed forwards. Or backwards, in this case. 

"So I'm not a princess anymore?", he wonders and looks deep into the blond's blue eyes. 

"Oh no! You still are but I think I'll call you Harry from now on. It'd be a shame to not use such a wonderful name", Niall giggles and it's not manly at all but it's damn adorable and Harry kind of thinks that he's a goner for Niall's charms. 

Suddenly the lights in the ice rink go black and then there's nothing but darkness and Niall's body beneath his fingers, Niall's warm breaths closer to his face than he remembers and Niall's lips on his own and all of this makes Harry's brain dizzy, but he manages to kiss back nonetheless. 

Niall's lips are a bit cold and chapped, but Harry can't care less about that because he's kissing the captain of the fucking ice hockey team (on whom he hasn't been harbouring a crush at all) in the dark and all he can think about is the blond's soft skin and silky hair and maybe he's been born for this moment.

When they pull apart, they're both a bit breathless. "You kiss like a princess", Niall whispers then, tracing his hand down Harry's chest and it kind of ruins the mood, but Harry laughs hoarsely anyway. 

"Let's try and find the exit, yeah? Maybe the light switch...", he suggests. There's a short silence in which Harry feels Niall nodding until the blond seems to realise that it's dark and Harry can't see what exactly he's doing.

"Oh! Uhm! Yes!", he shouts out then. "And we could go for a coffee afterwards?"

Harry smiles and takes Niall's hand in his again, cautiously skating the two of them forwards to where he thinks the exit is. 

"Of course. And I'll pay for you, because you're the princess, princess"