Chapter 33

「Chapter 33: The Verbal & Emotional Fight」

=Eryn's POV=

I shot the advancing girls a sheepish smile, trying to not appear intimidated. I could easily identify Kayla and Dawn amongst the faces ㅡ they had five people in the group. I had started questioning my actions. Why did I run all the way here for?

"Eryn, what are you doing here?" Dawn questioned.

"Uh..." I glanced from side to side. "Looks like you guys have some business to sort out, isn't it?"

One of the girls hummed in reply. She was of a bigger size, not fat ㅡ buff ㅡ I guess you could say.

"So will you move aside?" she said gruffly. I flinched and bit my lip, slowly making my way towards my right, where I came from.

Just as I tried to pass Hyuk, he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to N's side, where I had been standing. My head remained lowered.

"What business do we have to sort out?" Hyuk asked them, letting go of me.

"You have your business with me, and N has his business with Kayla," the girl I recognized as Charmaine said. "And things won't get as ugly if the girl goes."

Me? Sure, of course, I'd gladly

"No one's going anywhere except for you guys," N said calmly. I turned to him and gave his shirt a tug. He looked down at me and I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to telepathically tell him that I'd go if it'll make things better. I mean, I was totally against this because the girls don't seem like they have any decent plans with N and Hyuk, but me staying was just going to make things worse.

N simply sighed soundlessly and looked back up at the girls.

"But I have something to say to you," Kayla said. Her tone wasn't soft, it was in between demanding and desperation.

"But I have nothing to say to you, and I don't think Hyuk had any obligation to speak to you too, Charmaine," N spoke.

Charmaine's eyes darted to Hyuk, to which Hyuk just rolled his eyes. "Just leave, all of you."

Charmaine took a few steps forward and reached out to Hyuk. "Can't we justㅡ"

Hyuk slapped her hand away, his patience dwindling by the minute.

"Can you just stop!?" Hyuk suddenly shouted. I cowered, surprised.

"Just go back to your goddamned tent, seriously! I already told you before, so stop bugging me!" Hyuk yelled. I had never seen Hyuk angry before ㅡ he was always playful and carefree.

"What's going on?"

Ravi and Leo had come running towards us after hearing Hyuk's uproar. Ken and Hongbin came out too, from the tent behind us.

Ken gave a groan when he saw the Q girls, Ravi rubbed his forehead and the rest sighed.

"Are they at it again?" Hongbin whispered to N.

"What do you think?" N said.

I stood there, not saying anything. What the hell is going on?

Kayla tried speaking next. "Hakyeon, Iㅡ"

"Don't start your bullshit if you don't want me to scream at you like how Hyuk screamed at Charmaine," N cut in, his eyes fierce.

Kayla shut up, seemingly daunted.

"You guys aren't leaving?" Hyuk voiced out. The girls behind Charmaine and Kayla shot each other looks, but the two girls in front remained firm.

"Fine, then I'll leave."

With that, Hyuk walked off in another direction. Ravi wanted to go after him, but Leo stopped him, saying something between the lines of 'let him cool off'.

N seemed pissed too, and he went back into his tent with Ken, letting down the fabric that would cover the entrance. The girls of Q left reluctantly after knowing they can't do anything else.

Hongbin came over to me and gave me a pat on the shoulder. "You must be confused."

I nodded. "What business do Hyuk and N have with those two girls?"

Hongbin pressed his lips together. "It'll be better for you to find out from them yourselves. It's nothing simple."

I sighed.

"Can I go into your tent? Just to check on N," I asked. Hongbin nodded and let me in. N was lying on his bed, his back facing the outside. Ken saw me enter and gave me a small smile.

I walked over to N, poking his back apprehensively. "N? You okay?"

He shifted and sat up, smiling and nodding.
"Go back to your tent. It's getting late," he told me, and I took that as an indirect way of telling me he needed time to himself for now. I nodded and left, but not to my tent, to find Hyuk.

I went towards the direction he had headed, and ended up finding him on one of the mini bridges that lead to another part of the place.

I walked towards him unhurriedly, standing beside his still self.

"Hey," I started. "You alright?"

Hyuk dropped his head, not replying in words.

"What happened back there?" I asked. Probably not a good timing, but my curiosity was getting ahead of me. I didn't expect Hyuk to answer me, I just needed to get that question out.

"They were our girlfriends," Hyuk said, so suddenly that I had to take a moment to process his words.

"G-girlfriends? You guys dated them?"

He nodded.

"You said 'were'. You guys broke up?"

He nodded again, still looking down.

"What happened? You don't like Charmaine any more? Because anyone can tell she is still all about you."

Hyuk turned to face me, his body leaning against the bridge.

"It's not as simple as a 'I-like-you, let's-date' kind of relationship," he told me.

"Then what?"

"Charmaine... Her family caused the death of my brother."