Chapter 4

「Chapter 4: New School, New People」

=Eryn's POV=

"Are you gonna follow me in?" I asked Jace, indirectly telling him to follow me in.

"Fine, but you're gonna have to go to class yourself," Jace said, turning off the car engine and getting out of the car. He locked it and walked into the school with me.

"You have to go to the principal's office first to get your schedule, right?" he asked me.

"I guess," I muttered. "Let's just keep walking." I grabbed his arm and he walked in with me, in search for the principal's office. I didn't dare to look up for more than 3 seconds - I didn't want to make eye contact with anyone or anything. I could feel that eyes were on me and Jace. I could hear girls fangirling over Jace, trying to make it less obvious by covering their mouths but there wasn't much big of a difference, really.

"It's there," Jace said. I looked up slightly to see him pointing towards a room with the words 'Principal's Office'. We walked towards it. Jace lightly knocked on the door. A woman's voice said 'come in' in Korean.

Jace opened the door. The principal looked like she was over 40 and had glasses sitting at the edge of her nose. We greeted the principal in Korean. We could speak multiple languages since we travel everywhere all the time. Literally.

"Hi, she's the new girl in this school, can she get her class schedule, please?" Jace asked the principal politely for me.

"Oh, hello! You're Eryn McLaurin, am I right?" the principal pronounced my name awkwardly. Her voice was raspy, but she seemed cheerful enough.

"Nae," I replied softly without looking at her directly. The principal handed me my class schedule.

"Go to the bookshop and collect all your books. It's outside, just walk out and turn right, you'll see it. Tell them you're Eryn and they'll pass you your books," the principal told me. I thanked her and quickly scuttered out of the office. We went straight to the bookshop to get my books, and got out of the bookstore quickly. The bookshop was eerie.

"That wasn't so bad, right?" Jace said with his hands in his pocket. I glared at him.

"It was horrible, thanks for asking," I replied sarcastically. I could see girls staring at Jace from behind him. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Jace. He made a hurt expression.

"I'm sorry, but I'm just- I don't want to go to class," I complained.

"Neither do I want to leave you here, but we've got no choice, do we?" Jace ruffled my hair. I sighed as I combed my hair back neatly.

"Help me put these in your car and bring it back home after school," I said as I handed him to books I wouldn't be needing for that day. He nodded and took them.

"You will be picking me up after school, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. I think I'm ending school half an hour earlier than you," he said, chuckling as I widened my eyes in surprise and envy.

"Ugh. Fine. I'll wait for you at the same place you parked your car just now."

Suddenly, an announcement was made through the PA system.

"Students, please report for your respective classes now. Thank you."

Students started scattering to their classes. I checked my watch. It was 8.25.

"Seems like you gotta go now. Bye~" Jace waved me off. The corners of my lips dropped.

"It'll be fine, trust me. You'll make loads of friends," Jace said, tapping my chin lightly in an attempt to perk me up. Jace nod his head towards the teaching blocks. "Go for your class, you'll be late. And be careful!"

"Drive safely," I said softly. Jace nodded and I slowly started to walk off to my class. Jace waved as he walked towards the main gate of the school.

I walked off to my first class, which was Geography. I could find the classroom easily, thanks to the signs pointing to the different classrooms.

I entered the class with my Geography books in my hands. The students in the class were all not at their respective seats, and were all talking to each other. It was messy and chaotic, but I guess that's how high school is. I walked in as quietly as possible, not trying to draw attention to myself. I was about to walk to the back of the class where an empty table was, and suddenly a girl stood in front of me. I didn't look up at her. Before I could try to walk away, she started talking to me.

"Hey, I haven't seen you around. Are you new?" she asked. I nodded without saying anything and walked past her to the empty table, putting my things down. That girl followed me to my table.

"My name's Luna. What's yours?" she asked. I didn't reply. At that moment, a male teacher walked in, and everyone rushed back to their seats.

"See you at the cafeteria during break," Luna muttered to me before going to her seat. I heaved a sigh of relief.

Just then, a group of boys came rushing to the classroom door. I counted a total of six of them. The class girls started whispering excitedly when they saw the boys. Some of them were hardly controlling their screams. I frowned. What's the big deal? It's just a couple of late boys.

"Go to your seats. I'm a minute early, so you aren't considered late. Come earlier next time," the teacher said. What the-? Good on them then.

"Yes teacher, sorry," one of them said. The six of them took the empty seats which were directly beside me. I sighed. What luck.

"Okay, class is starting. Attention please," the teacher said, a little pathetically. Everyone turned to him anyway.