Chapter 3

「Chapter 3: The New House & School」

=Jace's POV=

The car ride continued for another hour or so, and Eryn had calmed down. She was staring out of the car window with her earpiece in her ear, not saying anything, and she didn't look like she was even blinking. I sighed and leaned back on the car seat.

The car stopped after another fifteen minutes. It was getting dark. I looked out - we were in front of a long stretch of bungalows. We're rich even in Korea. I snorted.

Eryn and I got out of the car with our parents. Geez, the place was pretty cold, my nose was starting to get freezed up. I rubbed it and sniffed.

"What are you doing standing there? Help get the luggage out of the bunk," my father barked at me and my sister. I looked down and muttered something inappropriate, before walking to the back of the car and hauling the luggage out. Eryn quietly extended a hand to one of the big bags, but I lightly smack her hand away and swing the bag over my shoulder. I stacked the second bag on top of one of the luggage with wheels, and pulled it with my free hand.

Eryn gave me a thank-you look and dug her hands into the pockets of her coat. Our father and mother led the way to our new home. We walked a little further down the street and stopped in front of a white bungalow with glassy windows and doors.

Dad unlocked the gate with a card and we walked to the door step. He used a second card to unlock it, and pushed down on the door handle, pushing the door open.

The place inside was generally big - slightly bigger than our house back in New York. It was already furnished, too - the couch, TV set, coffee tables and whatnot were all neatly in place. I dragged the luggage in and left it beside the door, walking upstairs to check out my room.

There were five rooms upstairs, with a bathroom - I didn't really see the need for five, but I chose the room at the end of the hallway. All the rooms were furnished with almost the same things, but at different corners of the rooms. Mine had a build-in study table in front of the window, and my build-in cupboard was on the left wall. My bed was at the right wall. I threw my backpack onto the bed without thinking much.

"The delivery truck with all your books and stuff will be here soon, so please make space for them!" my mother shouted from downstairs. Both my sister and I didn't reply.

I walked out of the room to explore the house more, and Eryn walked out from the room right beside mine. I looked at her questioningly.

"You're taking that room?" I asked. She nodded and gave me the 'Is-there-anything-wrong-with-that' face. I shook my head and went back downstairs.

"Your stuff is here! Come get them to your room," my mother called. I went outside and moved my boxes of stuff into my room, packing them neatly like how I did at my old room.

"Go to bed soon. You guys have to go to school tomorrow. Jace, yours starts at 9am, and Eryn, yours 8.30am," my mother informed. Eryn rolled her eyes and walked into her room, slamming the door shut.

My mother looked at the door disapprovingly and went downstairs angrily.

I turned and went into my room, closing the door and plonking into my bed. I took my phone out from my pocket and turned it on. I was already connected to Seoul's line, and the house's Wi-Fi. At least there's Wi-Fi, I thought.

I opened my WhatsApp. My friends were bombarding me with questions of why I didn't attend the lecture in school today. I briefly replied them, saying that I'm in Seoul and I'm staying here.