Chapter 24

「Chapter 24: Right Before the Camp」

=Author's POV=

It was already Monday, the first day of the camp.

Jace woke Eryn up at 6am ㅡ she had to report to school by 7.25am. Eryn tossed and turned on the bed, fully aware of the nightmare that was about to take place that day.

"Wake up!" Jace exclaimed, pulling the sheets off Eryn. She kicked the air like a child, her foot barely brushing past Jace's jaw as he arched his back to avoid her kick.

"Hey!"

Eryn grumbled, making all sorts of weird noises in frustration. Why did she agree to this again?

Jace folded his arms, standing a safe distance from Eryn's bed, calmly watching her as she acted as if she had been aggressively possessed. He raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know if I should tell you this, but N's waiting downstairs for you."

Eryn bolted upright, staring at Jace. It took her at least a minute to find out that he was joking. She angrily threw a pillow at him, which he blocked with his arms, laughing. She wasn't thinking straight right now ㅡ she barely woke up, so she would pretty much believe anything she was told, and Jace knew that.

"Jace! That was not funny, you asshole!"

"You should've seen your face!" he exclaimed. "That got you, now go wash up and change!"

Eryn grunted and stood up, jabbing Jace in his stomach as she walked past him and out of the door.

After brushing her teeth, washing her face and doing all the necessary clean up she needed to do, she went downstairs, hungrily devouring the breakfast Jace had prepared for her.

"Big day, hmm? You're gonna be separated from your dearest brother, I know you'll miss me loads and loads," Jace said, sitting in front of Eryn at the table, resting his chin on his hands. Eryn gave Jace a scornful look.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Eryn admitted. She took her phone and unlocked it, surprised to see a message waiting for her. She smiled, seeing that it was from N.

Hey, you up yet?

She immediately sent a reply.

Yep! I'm having breakfast now, I'm leaving soon.

Her eyes didn't leave the screen as she picked up her spoon and continued eating, her bowl emptying quickly.

Great! The boys and I are having breakfast somewhere near school, we'll be going over soon too. I'll wait for you at the main gate. Wear thicker clothes today, it's chilly out. The wind's no joke.

Eryn grinned, sent a quick reply and quickly finished her breakfast. Jace chuckled, seeing how she was all smiles. Eryn looked up at the latter.

"What?"

Jace just shook his head, taking her empty bowl and placing it in the kitchen sink.

Eryn hurried to her room to change. She threw on a white T-shirt, covering it with a thick brown leather coat ㅡ it was one of her favourites. She wore it so often that Jace had started calling it her 'outing uniform'. She also put on jeans, as she always would, and dragged her luggage and daypack downstairs.

"Jace~! Let's go!"

Jace came from the back of the living room, where a wall separated the two sections. He took Eryn's luggage and walked outside, to the garage where the car was. Eryn followed. N was right ㅡ the wind was definitely stronger today than the other days, but luckily, it wasn't freezing. She dug her hands into the pockets of her coat and got into the car after Jace, who had placed her luggage in the bunk.