Chapter 1

「Chapter 1: Forced to Leave」

*Eryn's POV*

"What? You can't do that!" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry honey. We have to. You can't possibly stay here in New York all by yourself," Mother sighed.

"Hell yes I can!" I shouted. "It doesn't even make sense! It isn't fair! We moved from country to country every year. We've been living here for 3 years. Why can't you guys just settle down in one place for your work!?"

"Eryn. There's no need to shout," Dad said firmly, glaring at me.

"Whatever. I'm not moving. Korea is like at the other side of this planet. I'm not moving, even if it kills me," I growled and stomped up to my room, slamming the door. I gritted my teeth as I sat down heavily on the edge of my bed. This isn't fair at all.

I stayed there, angrily breathing in as tears threatened to pour out.

There was a knock on the door and I looked up at it.

"Eryn, we're leaving tomorrow. Pack your things," my father said through the wooden door.

"No! I already said, I'm not going!" I shouted as I grabbed a pillow from my bed, flinging it at the door.

My father threw the door open, sweeping my pillow behind and barged right in.

"Are you going obediently or do you want me to make you?" my father threatened, raising a fist. Tears dripped from the corner of my eyes as I raised my hands in defence.

"You're going obediently, alright?" he ended gruffly as he walked out, pulling the door shut.

I glared at the door and more tears dripped. I turned away and wiped off my tears with the back of my hand. I stood up and walked over to my cupboard, pulling out my biggest luggage and my clothes. I didn't have much, since I always, always had to move all over the world, literally. I bit in my lips and blinked a couple of times, making sure I'm not crying.

I couldn't not pack and leave. If I didn't, it'll happen again.

The next morning, 9am

I felt my covers get ripped off me, jerking me awake from my peaceful sleep. I grumbled irritatedly without opening my eyes.

"Wake up! We've got to be at the airport in 3 hours," my father rambled as I heard him drag my luggae downstairs.

3 hours?

I kicked my bed irritatedly, making a lot of noise.

"Shut up and get prepared!" my father shouted from downstairs.

"Aish!" I lifted my right leg and swung it down on the bed, hard. I sat up and I could feel my chest getting all tight.

I breathed out deeply and stood up, stomping slightly to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I felt like scratching everything everywhere - it was something I do when I'm irritated, upset, angry.

I dried my face with my towel and threw it onto the side of the sink. I walked to my room and got my phone before going downstairs.

I see the luggages all standing messily beside the main door. Dad and Mom were all dressed. I raised an eyebrow.

"What are you doing still undressed?" Dad exclaimed as if I had killed someone.

"What? Didn't you say we have to be at the airport in 3 hours? We can reach there in less than an hour, please," I said sarcastically, plonking onto the couch and turning on my phone.