Chapter 22

「Chapter 22: Bad Mood」

=Eryn's POV=

So as Hakyeon - I meant N - said, music lesson was right after the break. We all made our way up to the theatre gaudily, the class pranksters making a shit ton of noise as we moved. We sounded as boisterous as elephants until the school's discipline mistress walked by, giving us a cold glare. She had addressed the freshmen briefly on the day I got posted here, so I recognized her.

She was the type of elegant, dainty lady who always wore chic dresses which were just the appropriate length, paired with matching high heels. She had darkish brown hair which looked fiery red in some angles of the light, and it was usually tied up in a low bun.

We scuttered to the theatre quickly, and the teacher whom I'm guessing to be our music teacher was already there.

I was not exactly musically-talented in any way since I never took an interest in musical instruments. I definitely enjoyed listening to music though, but playing instruments just wasn't my thing.

Music lesson went by quickly since it was only a single period. I didn't really understand much since it was a theory lesson, but I managed to escape our music teacher's questions.

 We got back to our classroom to resume our lessons and the rest of the day didn't go by as well as I hoped it would.

Just an hour after, I felt something hit my head. It didn't hurt or anything, and it wasn't a heavy or hard object either. I whipped my head around, but everyone was just doing their work and paying close attention to the teacher. I frowned in confusion and looked to the floor where a crushed ball of paper sat, seemingly mocking me.

I picked it up and opened it, flipping it front and back, only to see a blank piece of paper.

"Eryn." I heard a low voice call my name.

I jumped and immediately stuffed the crinkled paper under my desk, looking up.

"Yes," I said, startled.

"Pay attention, will you?"

"Y-yes, teacher," I stuttered, head hanging low.

I heard snickering behind me and I didn't need to turn around to identify whoever that was. I felt N's gaze lingering on me for a few seconds, unaware of what happened.

* * *

=Author's POV=

After the bell went off, Eryn typically scurried towards the carpark, clutching her books in her hands. She wasn't exactly in a good mood today, especially after the break.

"Hey!"

She heard someone call behind her as soon as she left the classroom, but once again, she could tell who it was ㅡ Hyuk. She slowed down, but didn't stop walking. Of course, he caught up.

"Didn't you hear me?" he asked, starting to walk backwards as he stood in front of her and she didn't stop in her tracks.

"Sure, I did," Eryn replied curtly. She wasn't in the mood to entertain anyone's jokes, not right now.

"Are you mad at me?"

Eryn stopped walking and looked up at him.

"If I say no, will you leave me alone?" she grunted. Hyuk blinked.

"No. "

Eryn sighed in exasperation and continued walking, making Hyuk walk backwards again and causing him to almost trip over his own feet.