Chapter 20

「Chapter 20: A kind heart」

=Eryn's POV=

The students came to class one by one with a few latecomers trailing in after the bell had stopped. Unfortunately for them, the first lesson was Humanities and our teacher was definitely unhappy that her students had arrived late for her lesson ㅡ they got the detention slip right away. She was one who was extremely strict about 'punctuality for her classes'. The late students would probably have gotten away with just a warning if it was Mr Seong's class.

Apparently, the class had just taken a test a week ago before I transferred, and they got their result slip back. Surprisingly, the first in class was N (even the teachers call him that). I stared as he went up and took the slip, grinning from ear to ear.

"Since when were you smart?" I muttered to him.

"Since I was born," he said casually, as if that's something he'd say all the time.

All the other lessons went well, except for the fact that I nearly burnt down the Chemistry lab. It wasn't exactly my fault ㅡ the burner wasn't working well and the test tube was pretty much possessed.

I grabbed my stuff, including my uncompleted homework, and walked out of the class briskly. I had a 5-page Biology worksheet, an English essay and a whole Math revision to complete. I'm so dead.

I went straight for the library ㅡ our break was 45 minutes so I may be able to finish one and a half of the stuff I need to complete. Just maybe.

I had never gone to this school's library before. I heard that it's a really big one on the second and third floor.

I headed to the second floor and found the library easily ㅡ it was huge. There were shelves after shelves of books and tables were placed along the walls and at open spaces. There were sufficient seats, and I quickly sat at an empty table, placing my books down.

I started on my Biology first and pretty much scribbled every word. I had no time to make sure that it was actually eligible.

N came walking in right after I had finished my Biology homework. He sat down in front of me and placed his books on the empty space in front of me. I blinked. It was the same assignments that I was rushing to complete now.

"Here," he said, crossing his arms on the table, smiling. "You shouldn't get detention anymore, you may just faint again."

I narrowed my eyes at him, chuckling softly. I took the Biology assignment and placed it aside, tapping on it with my index finger.

"I was just done with that," I said, taking the Math revision and blindly copying the workings. Being a friend of Hakyeon's wasn't so bad after all, there are benefits.

"Do you even know what you're doing?" N asked as he saw me flip to the next page in less than three minutes.

"Of course. Letters. Alphabets. Numbers. Equations. Formulas," I recited, my pen still furiously scribbling away. N shook his head in disbelief, but I could feel him smiling as his words left his mouth. "You're quite a something."

I smiled as I took it in as a compliment, my eyes darting from N's paper to mine. He took my Biology paper and started comparing our answers silently, frowning at times when we had totally different answers, I'm guessing.

"Is this a six or a zero?" I asked, pointing to a number that looked like a mix of both. N leaned over and stared.

"It's a six," N said, adding something that wasn't necessary. "You blind girl."

I clicked my tongue and growled at him, but continued to transfer his answers onto my paper.

A while passed and my speed was obviously decreasing; my handwriting pretty much looks like Greek words right now.

I wheezed. "How many more pages are there? Why are there so much workings?" I whined irritatedly, flipping through the remaining blank pages. There were three more pages of open-ended questions, and N had workings flowing from the top of the page to the very bottom. Great.

"You have fifteen more minutes," N said, looking at the time on his phone. I gritted my teeth and continued doing what I could do. Which wasn't exactly much.

I finally finished the math paper just as N said I had five minutes left and slammed my pen down on the table. "I'm done!" I exclaimed, earning a couple of looks from students nearby. Shit, what the hell did I just do?

"Congratulations. You can't copy my essay since I left it in class and it's a self-written essay, so good luck to you on that," N said. I rolled my eyes. I give up - I can't write any more now.

I cracked my knuckles and stretched like a cat getting up from a deep sleep.

"Great! We still have fifteen minutes so here," N said, taking something from under the table (or from his lap?) and pushing it to me. A sandwich.

"What do you mean we still have fifteen minutes? And where'd you get this from?" I asked.

"Well, you had to eat so I faked the time. It's from the cafeteria," he said, nodding towards the sandwich.

"Oh, thanks," I muttered, taking it. "That's nice."

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

〖A/N〗

Hey everyone! I know I haven't updated in about three weeks because I was stuck on trying to find out how to flow this chapter, heheh. How are ya'll?

This book is starting to evolve as an N fanfiction hahaha, but of course there would be love triangles and stuff like that, just for the drama. How is it going so far? Do comment feedbacks, constructive critism is definitely accepted! :)