Chapter 19

「Chapter 19: Awkward & Avoiding 」

=Author's POV=

Eryn walked slightly faster than N and Hyuk while they talked, laughing over things that Eryn didn't even get although she heard them. She was feeling weird inside, and she suddenly didn't want to look at N.

"N, I think I'll get to class first," Eryn muttered, hoping he heard her so she wouldn't have to repeat herself.

"I don't think the classrooms are opened yet, though," Hyuk cut in.

"Ah, I'll go get something from my locker first then," she said, scrambling off after that.

N smiled looking at her walk off, stifling a laugh, before turning to Hyuk. "Let's go get food."

* * *

Eryn hurried to the locker hall. The hallways were still empty since they came really early - there was still over an hour before lessons start.

She found her locker and stood in front of it. There was actually nothing she needed to get; she just wanted to move away from N. Her heart still hasn't calmed down. It was beating so hard she could almost hear it in her ears. She placed a palm over her chest, breathing in, breathing out.

Calm down, Eryn, Calm down.

"What are you doing here?"

Eryn nearly jumped out of her skin. She turned to her right and saw a tall figure walking towards her. It was that quiet guy who never talks.

"You frightened me," Eryn said, letting her hand fall to her side.

"What are you doing here?" he repeated himself, as if Eryn never spoke at all.

"Am I not supposed to be here?" Eryn asked, staring at the surface of her locker door.

"Not that. It's just that people rarely come here themselves this early in the morning," he explained, turning to his locker which was beside Eryn's. He opened it and took out some books, placing them into his black, leather-skin bag.

"Oh." Eryn opened her locker door and peered in, making sure none of the books that she needed for that day were in there.

"Are the classrooms unlocked yet?" Eryn started. She didn't know whether to feel bad that she was talking to him without even knowing his name.

"I guess. I saw someone unlocking some of the other classrooms' doors," he replied. Eryn muttered a 'thanks' and rushed off to the direction of the classroom.

Once she reached the class, she pushed down on the door handle, swinging it open silently and walking in. Ken was there, sitting in his seat, using his phone. He looked up when he heard the door open, clearly surprised.

"Ugh, why are you guys everywhere?" Eryn grumbled to herself, walking to her seat.

"You're the newcomer, right?" Ken asked, his eyes following her as she walked. Eryn nodded slightly, not planning to nod a second time if he missed it. She found recognizing Ken the easiest, after N. Ken had a really unique nose, which made him more recognisable, she first noticed, perhaps because he was really outgoing. He was merely a few years older than Eryn, and she liked it.

"Why'd you come so early? I'm always the only one here," Ken pointed out. Eryn shrugged, placing her bag at the side of her desk. Ken swiftly moved to the desk right beside Eryn's.

"Don't you talk?" he asked, fixing his gaze on her.

"Of course I do," Eryn said softly. She wasn't exactly comfortable around Ken yet.

"Mm. Nice meeting you then. Hope we get along well," he said, holding out a hand, and she shook it. He smiled, his eyes squinting together. Eryn couldn't help but smile too.

"Here," he said, handing her his cell. She typed in her number, returning it to him. He pressed a few things on the screen and Eryn's phone vibrated in her pocket. She took it out, and Ken snatched it from her, saving his own contact as 'Kenken'. Eryn didn't object.

N and Hyuk entered a while later. Ken turned and waved. "Good morning!"

They both returned his greeting with a smile as they placed their bags at their own seats.

"So you' going to the camp?" Hyuk asked, turning to Eryn.

"I don't want to," she replied bluntly. N frowned at her curtness.

"Why not?" Hyuk asked. Eryn just let out a sigh, putting her headphones over her ears. She could hear the boys mutter a few words before talking about the homework that was given. She didn't bother making out the words; she didn't need to.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

〖A/N〗

Hola, my friends!

I haven't updated in like 5 weeks or something. Sorry! There were problems in school & home. I'm extremely busy with school now since this semester is really short and exams come one week after another. My dance SYF is coming really soon so I have to work really hard.

I promise to update as much as I can! Follow me on my Instagram if you'd like :)