Chapter 5

「Chapter 5: Friends, I fainted」

*Eryn's POV*

After classes, during the break...

We just ended English class. I aced the lesson, considering that English was my native language. I picked the books that I won't be needing up.

"Hi, are you new? I've never seen you before," a guy said beside me. Those familiar sentences that I'll probably hear over the week, I thought. I didn't turn to face him. I just nodded looking down.

"Cool. I'm-"

"Hey! I said we'll hang out during the break right?" I turned slightly in surprise - it was Luna. She looked up and realized that she just interrupted that guy who was talking to me.

"Oh, 미안 (sorry), do you guys need time?" Luna asked.

"No, we're fine, let's go," I said quietly before the guy could reply. I wanted to use this chance to escape this conversation.

"Okaay..." Luna said a little confusedly. I walked out of the classroom without looking back. I felt apologetic, but I couldn't do anything. Luna came out after me.

"You okay?" she asked.

"Yeah. You go ahead to the cafeteria first. I need to put these in my locker," I said, tapping my books lightly. No, I haven't made eye contact with her yet.

"Alright then. See you," Luna said, walking off to the cafeteria and I walked to the hallway of lockers. They were all plain white, and I was glad that they didn't have dirt stains on them. I found my locker and unlocked it, placing my books in and locking it back.

I turned and accidentally bumped into someone. I tumbled backwards and fell on my butt.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" a familiar voice said. I glanced up for a millisecond and realized that it was the guy sitting beside me, with the other five boys.

"It's alright," I said softly, hastily standing up. I tried to walk off, but the guy held my upper arm lightly, holding me back.

"Are you sure you're fine?" he asked worriedly. I nodded insistently, hoping that he would let go.

"I don't think so though, that was quite a hard fall," he said, trying hard to make eye contact with me.

"Let go," I said, trying to sound firm, jerking my arm away. I looked up accidentally, and I made direct eye contact with the guy. I bumped into the lockers from the impact of pulling myself away. My chest started getting tight. I clutched my chest and tried to walk off.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" the guy asked. I was getting desperate.

"Yes, I'll be fine if you let me go, please," I said, my voice getting softer as I spoke.

"What?" he seemed confused by what I was saying. My vision started turning foggy as my breathing became short gasps for air. My knees gave way, and I felt him grab me.

"Oh my god! What's wrong?" he asked frantically. I tried to stand up, but my knee joints couldn't seem to lock in place. Then everything went black.

Later...

My eyes fluttered open. I looked around - I didn't recognize my surroundings. I sat up on the bed I was lying on and saw that guy whom I saw before I passed out.

"You're finally awake," he said, helping me up. I looked away, making sure that my eyes were looking nowhere near his.

"What happened?" he asked. "You suddenly passed out."