Chapter 39

December 14

Anaya P.O.V.

"OH MY GOSH I can't believe that my baby is getting married" my mom sighed

"OH MY GOSH I can't believe that my baby is getting married" my mom sighed. ever since the proposal, this has been her first words ever time she has seen me.

"I know" I blushed looking down at my ring.

"when are we gonna start on the wedding planning ?" she asked

"we?" I laughed

"yea I'm helping I called it, ya gonna need help girl" she laughed. I shook my head as I directed my attention back to the men bringing in all the things for Tristan's birthday party .

"I mean Odell and I planned to meet with a wedding planner tomorrow. but I mean when he has away games you can come take his place at the meetings I guess"

"good, I want to be a part of this big change in your life. I wasn't there for a lot of things in your life I still wanna make up for that " she pouted.

"I know, but ma I told you I forgive you for everything its okay" I laughed

"I know but you are still my baby, I still want a big part in a lot, " she said standing up walking towards me grabbing me in a hug.

"are you gonna invite your father ?" she asked causing the room to grow real uncomfortable for me.

"no" I mumbled.

"I know what he did was completely wrong Anaya. but he is your father. maybe you guys can sit down and talk, get everything out in the open and move past what happened." she said putting in her two cents that weren't needed.

"to be honest, even if we were to sit down and talk I still wouldn't agree to our relationship getting better. we would talk about what we don't like about each other get it out the way then go our separate ways. I don't want no type of relationship with him."

"so who's gonna walk you down the aisle ?"

I was stunned,I haven't even thought of that.

"I mean i would have said Will, but since he's locked up I don't know. maybe ill have his son walk me down the aisle. anybody but my father" I mumbled.

"this is your life so im not gonna tell you how to live it. but just think about talking to your dad okay ? at least for me ?" i looked inot her face as she gave me the sad puppy dog face.

"fine ill think about it" I mumbled as I ate my pizza rolls .

------------
Odell P.O.V.

I stood watching Tristan run on the field . I came to watch Tristan game given Anaya wanted to set up his surprise birthday party. I was beyond excited . This would be another birthday I spent with him and it felt like he was really my son.

He has recently gotten into calling me daddy and surprisingly enough I didnt want to correct him. Especially when after his dad had another baby and gotten married he stopped coming around every other weekend and rumor has it he moved to Miami.