Chapter 2. Hetic -Enter Shikari

Nicole's p.o.v

It's been a day since Ari got here. Some belongings were left behind from the last resident. We got rid of their old curtains and blinds. They were moldy and made a horrid smell. We also found a lot of knives in the kitchen units. I let Ari dispose of everything. I was quite squeamish when it came to things like cleaning and exercise.

We were finally ready start building the flat pack items when there was a knock at the door. I went to answer it as I was more confident with people than Ari. I opened it to find a man in his thirties stood at our door.

"Can I help you?" I asked but he just stood there trying to look around me into the flat. "Hello? Can you hear me?" I asked rather concerned.

"Why are you in my house?" he said looking directly at me. 

 I didn't know what to say. This was ours. We'd done it all legally. Signed contracts, put down a deposit, the keys where give to me yesterday by the land lord.

"What do you mean? I think you've got the wrong house" and with that i shut the door and locked it.

"Who was that?" Ari asked as i put on Bad Blood to drown out the knocking sounds.

"Oh wrong house" I said with a fake smile. 

Ari's p.o.v

I could tell she was lying. It's not like someone to play knock-a-door-run in a block of flats with an out of order elevator. Nicole had been to London before and had told me her adventures with all the new friends she'd met. As we got older the storeys involved more boys and more names that occurred over several visits. I'm guessing it was an ex she's trying to avoid.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

It was now evening and we had built most of the flat-pack things. I say 'we'  but what I mean was I had got the job finished quickly whilst Nicole played on her phone, had long conversations with her mother and various friends she has that live in the area, told me what everyone was doing in Sheffield and anything else she could think of to get out of unpacking. She probably expected me to do it for her but I wasn't going to. I'd help if she needed me, it is tricky to hold three planks in place, screw them together and listen to her tell me that Sophie and Ben had broken up or Ashlyn and Evyn had a fight.

We where sat down on the sofa with Bastille playing in the background. I was on my laptop and Nicole was pacing up and down trying to break in her new heals.

My thoughts were interrupted when a loud banging came from the wall. I guess next door doesn't like Bastille then. I turned them off and put in Cannibals With Cutlery by To Kill A King and turned it down to a third of what it was and a "thank you" was heard from next door. 

I dragged all Nicole's belongings into her room and piled them up. At least they were out of the way there. There were still the ten boxes of mine I had to unpack. I decided to start on CDs, DVds, vinyls and books. They would take the longest so I thought I should start there. I had two boxes of books that needed sorting into alphabetical order by authors last name. I designated the middle two shelves to odd books like The Book Thief, Jane Eyre and The Secret Garden and the bottom two and top to book serises like Harry Potter, Narnia and The Hunger Games.

I looked up at the clock to find it was nine at night. My stomach grumbled loudly as I realized I haden't eaten since yesterday morning. I wandered out of my room to find Nicole sprawled out across the sofa, still with her heals on, asleep. We hadn't managed to go shopping yet so I left a note on the wooden coffee table saying I'd gone to get food. I grabbed my bag, another rucksack that was black with faint pink and yellow roses on it. I put a map, a set of keys, purse and my diary in before closing the door as quietly as I could. I put Bad Blood on shuffle as next door disliked them so i'll have to limit when I listen to them from all the time to when i'm out which wasn't often.

I was on the second floor when I saw another person going down the stairs. He had white converse, black skinny jeans, a blue denim jacket over a grey hoodie and a big tuft of dark brown hair that stuck out in all directions. No... It couldn't be...