Chapter 30

Happy late thanksgiving guys

Mackenzie POV
Thanksgiving is tomorrow and my dad really wants me to come over his house like I was supposed to.  But if I go I know Rico is going to be there, the lady that calls herself my mom might be there, and I can't stand to be in the same room as either one of them right now if ever. After I gout out the shower I put on my PINK sweatsuit, Ugg boots, put my hair in a bun, and got my car and left to go to my dad's house.

I used my key to open the door and walked right in "Dad" I yelled. "In the living room" he said. I walked towards the living room and hoped that she wasn't there. And thanked God when I saw that it was just him. "You wanted to see me" I said. "Yea sit down" he said, and I sat on the other side of the couch. "I didn't think you'd come" he said. "Well I'm here" I said.

"Ok well lets just cut to the chase, me and your mother have serious feelings for each other, I understand what she has put you through in the past and I can't expect you to forgive her, but she has changed. Whether or not you want to work on y'all relationship is up to you. And I want you to know the last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt you. I also really wanted you to join me for thanksgiving since this would be our first one together in a long time. And yes she will probably be there but I promise you do not have to even be near her at all" he said.

"As far as working on me and her relationship I have no interest in that. I'll think about thanksgiving, but if I come it doesn't mean I've moved on because I'm still pissed at both of you" I said. "Ok I understand and what happened with you and Rico" he asked. "I don't really want to talk about it" I said. "Ohh I already know I just thought you might want to get some stuff off your chest, and me and Rico had a little talk" he said. "Ohh ok I gotta go" I said.

Thanksgiving day

After talking to Kendall and Nyah I decided to go over my dad's house. Kendall basically forced me to go because this is our first thanksgiving together. After I got dressed I decided to flat iron my hair. After we were ready me, Kendall, and Nyah hopped in the car. I looked at Nyah and noticed she was a little sad. "What's wrong" I asked. "I thought my mom would have called or something and at least invite me over" she said. "Maybe you should talk to her" I said. "If she can't accept me as I am then there's no point" she said.

  When we arrived at my dad's house it was packed with people. And surprisingly I was really glad I came. I saw a lot of my family that I haven't seen in a long time. And a lot of people flew in from out of town.

"Ok so let's get ready to cook" I heard Nyah say. Me and Kendall gave her a look. "What" she asked. "Girl you know your ass can't cook" I said. "I can so the guy from ratatouille said anyone can cook and It came on last night" she said. "And I think he meant everyone but you can cook" smoke said giving me a hug.

  "Whatever what are you doing here anyway" Nyah said. "He's here every year" Kendall said. Smoke told me about how after his mom died my dad kinda raised him. Nyah rolled her eyes and I laughed.

  Then I felt arms wrap around my leg. I looked down and it was Zion. "Mommy" he said. "Hey Zion" I said and picked him up. "How you been" I asked. "I been good I miss you though    When are you gonna come home " he asked. "I don't know" I said. "Are you and daddy getting a divorce" he asked. "Baby me and Rico aren't married but were just taking a break" he said.

  And speaking of the devil. "Hey Kenzie" I heard Rico's voice say. I turned around and he was right behind me, "can I talk to you outside" he said. I sighed and put Zion down. Then I walked outside with Rico following me.

"What's up" I said. "Mackenzie I need you, please come back ok I promise it was a huge mistake that will never happen again. Words can't even explain how sorry I am. I love you, nevermind screw that I am in love with you Mackenzie. I have never said that to anyone in my life. And if you take me back I promise I will wait for you. Because I realized I don't just want sex all I want is you, shit I only came here for you" he said.

  "I swear if you ever do this to me again-" I started to say but he cut me off, "I won't I promise" he said stepped closer to me than planted his lips on mine. Our kiss was cut short when we heard a car door close.

I looked to see who it was and cursed to myself. My mother. And she Surprisingly looked good. She had a gray dress with some black boots and her hair was straight. She had container in her hand as she walked to the door. She never cooked for me on thanksgiving.

Rico held my hand and whispered "just breath and try to give her a chance, who knows she may have really changed" I took a deep breath and tried to relax.

Before i knew it we were face to face. "Hey Mackenzie" she said. "Hello Natasha" I said as coldly as I could. She looked hurt but I really didn't care. I'm only doing this for my dad. "I brought potato salad" she said. "I see, how come you never cooked for me on thanksgiving" I asked. She looked more hurt. Rico gave me a look.

"Look Mackenzie I'm really sorry about everything, and I understand if you don't want anything to do with me, I just came to try to see if maybe you wanted to work things out but I probably should go" she said and handed me her potato salad then walked away. I was gonna let her leave but Rico kept looking at me. "What" I asked. "You know what" he said and looked at her. I sighed and then called after her, she turned around and looked like she was about to cry "stay" I said. She smiled and came back.

We walked inside and enjoyed the rest of the day.

Happy late thanksgiving 🦃

Vote

&

Comment