Chapter 7

Mackenzie POV
I woke up this morning and did my hygiene and all that stuff then got dressed in my work uniform. I've been wearing my hair curly for a while so I decided to flat iron it. She I was done I went downstairs and saw Zion eating cereal while Rico was on the phone. I went in the refrigerator and got out my can of Dole pineapples, the ones in an O shape. They bomb af. I started eating at the table. Rico got off the phone and sat down next to me. "Good morning bae" he said. "Good morning baby and can can you give me a ride to work" I asked. "Yea ill take you after I drop Zion off at daycare" he said. "Ok" I said. After we finished eating we all got in the car and started driving. We dropped Zion off and then started driving to the mall.

  I went inside and saw Nyah at the cash register. "Hay bestie" she said. "Hay bestie" I said. It was almost nobody in the store since it was kinda early so we just started talking. "So how are you and Rico" she asked. "He's kinda my boyfriend" I said and she pushed me. "Get out bye go I have never been so hurt" she said. "What did I do" I asked. "You should have two within five minutes after it happened but since you didn't you better tell me every detail now" she said. "No bitch you told me to get out so bye" I said and acted like I was walking away. "Nahh bring dat ass here" she said. I laughed and walked over to her. "Okay so after you and Smoke left me, Kendall, and my dad watched a movie and had a little moment or whatever then he drove me home and when I went inside and saw Rico I gave him a big hug and thanked him I feel like without him none of this would have ever happened without Rico I would have never found my dad or have known Kendall was my sister, because of Rico my life is finally falling back into place, because of Rico I now know that I can be happy and I deserve to be happy all those thoughts were going through my head at the moment and I kissed him. When we kissed everything was right like everything else just went away and it was just me and him then he asked me to be his girl" after I said that Nyah hugged me. "I'm so happy for you" she said. "Ok let's get out our feeling before the customers get here" I said and we both started laughing.

  When my shift was over I got a text from my dad.

Text mode
Daddy❤️- you still wanna go to sweet frog
Me- yeah my shift just ended
Daddy❤️- ok I'll pick you up where you work at again
Me- Gabriel mall (A/N it's not a real mall I made it up)
Daddy❤️- I'm on my way
Me-kk
End of text mode

Five minutes later my dad pulled up. I got in the car and put my seatbelt on then we started driving to sweet frog. 15 minutes later we were there. I mixed a whole bunch of flavors in mine and so did my dad. We payed for it and started crushing. "So what exactly did you wanna talk about" I asked. "Well I wanted us to catch up I wanted to get to know you because I'm sure you've changed since we last saw each other" he said. "Ohh" I said. "How did you start living with Rico anyway" he asked. "I was kicked out by the bitch I used to call mom" I said. "What did Ray do" he asked. "How did you know it had something to do with Ray" I asked. He took a deep breath and said "look believe it or not I actually did love your mom at some and she loved you very much we both did but when she got with Ray she changed I'm sure she still loves you but something about her being with Ray messes it up". I didn't want to tell him with all this people around. "Can we talk about this in your car" I asked. "Of course" he said and we got up and went to his car. "Can you tell me now" he asked. I took a deep breath "You were right and it was about Ray, he seemed cool when he first moved in but then one day while my ex-mom was at work he" I paused for a second and looked up. A tear fell from eye and I wiped it immediately. I refuse to let the thought of him make me cry anymore. So I continued "he raped me. My ex-mom didn't do believe me then he started touching me t-then h-h-he raped me again then about two weeks later he tried to it to me again then my ex-mom came in and saw him and kicked me out because I was trying to steal her man I was outside and saw Rico I had met him earlier that day and he let me sit in his car then he said I could stay with him and now we're a couple" I said. He gave me a girl and said "baby girl I am so so sorry all of that happened to you". "It's okay" I said. "Wait you and Rico are dating" he asked and I nodded. "Okay well I'll take you home I have some business to handle" he said. "Ok" I responded. He dropped me off and I went to my room and took a nap.

Rico POV
I was sitting my room watching TV and I got a call from boss.

Phone conversation
Boss-hey we need to have a meeting tomorrow
Me-ok about what
Boss- Ray I want him dead
Me-umm ok
Convo over