Chapter 2

Rico POV
Wassup it's ya boy Ricardo. Known as Rico in the streets. I'm 6 feet. And of course Ima kingpin. I was driving home and I saw Kenzie sitting on a bench with two bags next to her. I checked the clock on my phone and it was 11:00 at night. I rolled down the window. "Kenz"I yelled. She looked up at me. "Hey Rico" she said. "Why are out so late by yourself" I asked her. "I'm umm ... waiting for my ride" she said. "I could give you a ride" I said. "No that's fine thanks though" she said. "You can sit in the car until your ride gets here" I told here. "Ok" she said. I got out and grabbed her bags then put them in the backseat while she got in the passenger side. I got back in the car. "Thanks" she said. "No problem so how long until your ride here" I asked her. "She might take a while" she said. "Are you sure you don't want me to give you a ride ma" I asked her. She nodded. She was so shy, it was adorable. I love shy girls so I can personally break them out of their shell.

Next thing I knew it was a hour later. "Bruh where is your friend Kenzie" I asked her. "She's not coming" she said looking down. "What do you mean she's not coming" I asked. "I never had a ride" she said. "So i waited for an hour and you never had a ride" I said. "I'm sorry I thought you'd leave by now" she said. "It's okay but can you tell me where you need to go so I can give you a ride" I asked her. A tear fell from her eye. "I don't have anywhere to go" she said then cried some more. I wiped her tears and said "don't cry ma you can stay with me until you get back on your feet." "No it's fine I can find some where to go" she said. "I'm not gonna let just stay out here by yourself just come for one night" I said and she nodded. And we started driving to my house.

She fell asleep after like 15 minutes. She musta been hella tired. The I woke her up when we pulled up to my house. Her eyes got big. "This is your house" she said. "Yea". "It's huge" she added. "Come on" I said while we both got out. She got her stuff out the back and we went inside. "Lemme show you where your room is" I said and started walking upstairs and she followed me. I opened the door to the guest room and she put her stuff in there. "You tired" I asked. She shook her head. "You hungry" I asked and she nodded. "Come on" I said and got up. I held my hand out to see if she'd take and she did. We walked downstairs "there's nothing to eat we'll go to the store tomorrow so do you wanna order a pizza" I asked her and she nodded. "You want pepperoni" I asked her. She nodded. I called papa johns and ordered.

  Kenzie was sitting on the couch and I went and sat next to her. "Why you being so quiet" I asked her. She shrugged and said "I guess because I'm staying with you and we barely know each other" she said. "Well tell me some more about yourself" I said.

"What do wanna know"

"How did you end up living on the street" I asked her. She looked down I didn't rush her to answer because I knew this must be hard to talk about but I wanted her to trust me.

"It all started after my parents got a divorce my mom got custody and my dad disappeared. She got a new boyfriend and he moved in with us. I was cool with him at first and one day my mom wasn't home and he ... he" she paused for a second, then started crying. I hugged her and let her cry in my chest until she was ready to continue. "He raped me" she said. I couldn't believe what i was hearing. "When my mom got home I told her what happened and he told her I tried to have sex with him and she thought I was stealing her man, he kept touching me after that and my so called mom never believed me he raped me again after that and she still didn't believe me she didn't do anything and he tried to do it again today but she saw him and he lied and she still believed him, she kicked me out" she said at this point she was crying hard. "She chose a man she's known for two years over her daughter, her own flesh and blood." I wiped her tears. "It's okay he not gonna hurt you no more" I said to her. Eventually she stopped crying  and we laid on the couch.

  "Are you gonna tell me anything" she asked. "What do you mean" I asked. "I told you my life secret now tell me something" she said. I chuckled "so I'm the first person you told" I said. "Nah I told my best friend and that's it but that's just because you let me stay here and I felt like you deserved a reason why I needed somewhere to stay in the first place" she said. "Ok umm I'm a drug dealer a king pin actually never knew my dad was raised my by momma and that's about it" I said. Right after I said that the doorbell rang. It was the pizza I paid the man and got our food. We ate and talked about nothing important. I think Kenzie was starting to get more comfortable around me but I could tell she didn't fully trust me. After we ate she helped me wash the dishes. Then we sat on the couch. She started playing with my hair. Normally I don't let girls touch my hair but for some reason when Kenzie did it I didn't mind. She yawned. "You tired Kenzie" I asked. She nodded "it's been a long day Ima go to sleep" she said. "I think I am too there's towels and stuff in the bathroom in your room" I told her. "Kk" she said then we both went upstairs.

  I laid down and let sleep takeover.