Chapter 6

Mackenzie POV
I woke up this morning and checked my phone. I looked at the date on the lock screen cause sometimes I forget what day it is. It was Monday so I had to work today. I got up got in the shower and did my hygiene. Then got dressed in my footlocker uniform. Nyah texted me and said Kendall was driving her to work and asked if I wanted a ride. Of course I said yes. 10 minutes later they were outside. I got in the car and we sang along to Rihanna's album on the way there. That album is lit.

  When we walked in the store Nyah got behind the register and I started helping people. It was almost time for me to get off and Rico called saying he was near the mall and he would give me and Nyah a ride back. We walked outside to his car and got in. Rico was just getting off the phone. "We gotta stop by my bosses house real quick" he said. I nodded and we continued driving.

  We pulled up to this large mansion. We went to the door and  Smoke opened it. "Hey Bestfriend" he said and gave me a hug. "Hey smoke" I said. We all went inside. And I saw Kendall. What is she doing here. "What are you doing here" I asked. "I love her what are all of you doing here" she said. "Boss told me to come here and I picked them up from work" Rico said. "Wait how do y'all know each other" Nyah asked. "He works for my dad" Kendall said. "Finally y'all asses get here" I hear a man say from upstairs.

  I look up and couldn't believe my eyes. I thought I was dreaming. The man I've been missing all this time was right in front of me. "Daddy" I asked. "Kenzie is that you" he said. "Yes it's me" I said and ran to give him a hug. I wanted to cry. "How are you here" he asked. "It's a long story" I said. "I just can't believe your hear" he said. "Wait one second hold up he's your dad to" Kendall asked. "Everyone come into the living room" my dad said. I never thought I would here my dad say anything ever again. We all followed him into the living room. Smoke, Rico, Kendall, and Nyah looked confused af. "Well Kendall this is your sister and I think you two have met already" he said. "We're sisters" me and Kendall said at the same time then jumped up and gave each other a hug. "See nigga I told you all they asses looked smack alike" smoke said to Rico. "Baby girl how did you get here" my dad asked. "Well mom kicked me out because of Ray and now i live with Rico" I said. "Ohh so that's who that bitch is with now I tried so hard to get you away from them I knew something was wrong with that nigga" my dad said and his fist balled up. "It's okay I'm safe now" I said. "This some crazy shit, Kenzo is bosses daughter" Smoke said making us all laugh. If this nigga call me Kenzo one more damn time. We all just talked and try to get our heads around all of this. "Well guys I gotta go and pick up Zion from daycare" Rico said. "I
Thought Zion lived with his mom" my dad said. "She dropped him off at place yesterday talking bout some I can't do this anymore" Rico said. Not long after he left Smoke gave Nyah a ride home. Kendall had to give his lazy ass 10 dollars to go 10 minutes out of his way. After they left it was just me, my dad, and Kendall. We decided to watch get hard. That movie was hilarious.

  "Wait I'm still confused so do me and Kenzie have the same mom" Kendall asked. "No" my dad said. "No I'm confused" I said. Yea can you explain this" Kendall asked. My dad took a deep breath. "I was with Kenzie's mom first then I cheated on her with Kendall's mom I didn't know about Kendall until years after she was born but anyway when me and Kenzie's mom divorced so she could be with that nigga Ray I tried so hard to get custody of you and your mom wanted to give you to me but Ray made her try to keep you. I knew I had to get you away from that nigga just be the way he looked at you. But your mom got custody and I never saw you again until now then not long after that I got news that Kendall's mom passed and I was the only one there to take care of her Kenzie everyday I wished I didn't miss out on so much time with both of you. If I could go back and make it better I'm so just so happy I finally have both of my girls with me" he said. Me and Kendall were both crying. He hugged both of us.

  I never have been more happy. I feel like I could have a real family now. I don't know why but I finally feel safe. "Okay well daddy i think Ima crash here tonight" Kendall said. "Alright" my dad said. "Goodnight sis" Kendall said. "Goodnight sis" I said then turned to my dad "I think I should head home" I said while standing up. "I'll give you a ride" he said.

  We got in his car and talked and laughed the whole ride there. When we pulled up to Rico's house before I left he said "umm you wanna go to get some sweet frog tomorrow so we can catch up" he said. A huge smile came across my face "yea umm I'll text you what time" I said. "Alright bye baby girl" he said. "Bye dad" I said and started walking towards the house.

  When I got inside I saw Rico walking to the door. I ran up to him and gave him a huge hug. He hugged me back and then asked "I know you want me but all you gotta do is ask and you have this dick". "Shut up nasty I just wanted to say thank you" I said. "What for" he asked. "For everything I guess without I would have been out on the streets and probably would have never found my dad and I don't know just thanks" I said. "You welcome ma" he said.

  For some reason i found myself looking at his lips. Then I kissed him. I allowed his tongue to enter my mouth and our mouths moved in sync. I pulled away to breathe. It was a long kiss. "Mackenzie" he said. "Yes Rico" I said. And just when I thought this day couldn't get any better Rico asked "will you be my girl". I had a huge kool-aid smile and answered "yes".